The Customer Support Manager is a management position within the Granicus Customer Support organization. As a CS manager – you will be responsible for leading a team of Customer Support Representatives for a particular suite or suite component. We run a 24/7/365 operation and you will be responsible for ensuring staffing across phone, chat and web channels. As an experienced team builder, you'll be tasked with partnering with our engineering and implementation teams to solve customer problems and champion a world-class customer experience. You'll also be interfacing with clients regularly, by fielding escalations and gathering input on their support experience and helping address any unique concerns or challenges they might have and driving changes to alleviate those concerns. Finally – you'll be responsible tracking top trending customer issues, reporting on trends and presenting findings to senior and executive leaders and making recommendations to further enhance our overall customer experience.What You'll Do:
· Recruit, hire and train customer support representatives, senior representatives , lead representatives and managers
· Establish and set work schedules for a suite of products and ensure coverage is met.
· Coach team members and foster a culture of inclusion and commitment to personal and professional growth
· Conduct performance reviews, drive incentive plans and effectively manage both top and underperforming individuals
· Provide updates via our status page, support portal and customer email for critical incidents, maintenance windows or product releases.
· Directly responsible for delivering against KPI's such as time to resolve, customer satisfaction
· Lead by example; field escalations with clients and accounts to de-escalate situations and commit to a successful resolution.
· Lead efforts to integrate new company acquisitions into standard support processes
· Identify reporting needs for the org and work with Salesforce Admins to provide reliable, accurate reporting to meet business needs
· Manage and update internal documentation for team, documenting processes and training resources.
· Collaborate with corporate trainer(s) to organize and facilitate bootcamp(s) for new hires
· Manage tools and services used by support (Salesforce, Statuspage, Talkdesk, Confluence, etc.)
· Serve as on-call (24/7) Client Communications Manager during critical incidents/service disruptions (rotates).
· Collaborate with technical teams to ensure client impacting maintenance and non-product release updates are communicated in a timely, effective manner
Who You Are:
· 1-5 years direct leadership experience working in a client facing/customer support environment, preferably in a Software as a Service/technology environment
· Ability to work "on-call" on a rotating basis
· Ability to maintain a calm demeanor in a sometimes chaotic environment
· Strong time management skills and ability to effectively prioritize tasks in line with the needs of the business
· Ability to address issues with staff using empathy, humility and tact
· Strong history of working cross-functionally to identify opportunities for improvement and implementing those improvements
· Strong communication skills, both internally and client facing
· Experience de-escalating clients or situations, providing clear and actionable paths to overcome disagreements or issues
· Experience with ticketing systems such as Salesforce Service Cloud (preferred), Zendesk etc.
· Experience creating/editing reports using tools such as PowerBI, Tableu
· Experience with multi-channel contact centers, such as chat, phone, email, social media etc.
· Familiarity with agile development methodology
*Starting rate may vary by experience and/or location*