Customer Support Manager, Saas
Are you looking for an established and growing company where you can make an impact on the business and be recognized for your efforts? Are you intrigued and motivated by solving the Customer Support challenges of a SaaS business that is growing both organically and through acquisitions? Do you have the ability to build rapport and bring out the best in team members to continuously improve the quality and efficiency of support offered customers of a SaaS product?
KPA (www.kpaonline.com ), headquartered in Lafayette, CO and with a growing office in Portland, OR, is a market leader in cloud-based risk management solutions for the automotive, insurance and industrial markets. Recent research conducted by Bain and LEK consulting firms, confirm KPA is one of the leaders in the highly fragmented, growing, $4B middle-market compliance markets served by KPA – automotive, insurance and industrial. Given these outstanding characteristics, KPA has recently attracted a tier one private equity firm, Providence Equity Partners as its majority investor.
Since 1986 KPA has been refining the core values with which we work together as a team and with our clients. Do you align with our core values of Integrity, Helpful, Excellence, Agile, Respectful, and Teamwork? It is these core values that promote our success through both organic growth and integrating acquisitions. This success and the growing demand for compliance continues to promote an entrepreneurial atmosphere at KPA.
The Manager, Software Support in a new hands-on role within KPA, to build upon and grow our support operations as new software platforms, products, and services are introduced and integrated. In this role, you will be responsible for managing the team responsible for customer support for a SaaS-based application. We are seeking a strategic, innovative thinker with excellent leadership and communication skills who can collaboratively lead our Customer Support team processes and team through rapid growth and change. KPA appreciates your passion for improving organizational efficiency and customer satisfaction through metric-driven decision making.
In the first 30 days you will:
• Begin learning KPA’s software solutions and how clients use and benefits of our software products.
• Meet colleagues and begin to understand the current KPA team structure that supports clients and innovates for new product and service offerings.
• Begin working directly with both internal and external users of KPA software, responding to requests via email and phone.
• Perform initial research and triage for advanced issue resolution by advanced support and engineering.
• Begin monitoring the support queue and current SOPs, track case closure rate by case type.
• Use expertise in Customer Support processes to begin to make changes toward a tiered support model.
In the first 60 - 90 days you will:
• Set up systems for catching recurring support issues and track frequency and capture data that will be used in a self-service knowledge base.
• Become an expert on tier 1 and tier 2 support issues and the existing work arounds.
• Using metrics, lead discussions to prioritize process improvement initiatives to promote client ease of use of KPA software.
• Review metrics to measure team adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs), analyze the effectiveness of SOPs. Recommend changes and enhancements to SOPs and staffing models based on metrics.
• Launch self-service functionality
In the first 6 months you will:
• Regularly review tickets and backlog items and publish reports to track key performance indicators for the department.
• Promote a culture of continuous improvement on the Customer Support team.
• Build process for training and development of our Client Support team to continue our growth of new developments in the Client Support field.
• Provide input to Customer Success Operations and the Product team on how to continuously improve our products for ease of use for the customer.
By the end of the first year you will have:
• Innovated on continuous improvement initiatives, utilizing capacity, metrics, and reporting to make recommendations and drive decisions to improve the Client Support team’s contributions to KPA’s growth.
• Created support workflows/processes used to track and integrate acquired product offerings.
• 3+ years experience in customer support in a B2B environment, ideally in a high growth technology business in which processes must be defined, documented, and governed.
• Proven ability to use data from a variety of sources including a ticketing system (Zen Desk) and CRM systems(Salesforce, SFDC) to make recommendations and create team buy-in for continuous improvements.
• Excellent understanding of standard business practices related to Customer Support processes and systems
• Natural curiosity and desire to get to the root cause of an issue.
• Experience leading a team driven toward a high level of efficient support and follow through to problem resolution.
• Proven ability to maintain enthusiasm and service-oriented attitude under pressure.
• Proven ability to work effectively at all levels of a business, communicating complex tactical topics in a strategic way and influencing cross-functional groups to aligned goals.