Customer Support Engineer (Database Focus)
Greater Denver Area
Position: Customer Support Engineer
Location: Broomfield, CO
At Alteryx Inc., we value altering the status quo, boldly stepping into the unknown and uncovering something no one else has ever done before. Our associates couple their strength of character with an innovative analytics platform, and have the drive to achieve more than ever thought possible. Blend your will and skill to embrace and solve challenges and we will help you alter everything about your preconceived notions of work. Join the Alteryx team to break barriers and experience the thrill of solving.
This is not your ordinary support job. Alteryx Customer Support Engineers (CSEs) work with the world’s leading companies every day to help them build advanced analytic solutions. From financial services to communications, retail and pharma, you’ll work with customers that are on the leading edge of the analytic revolution. You will help Alteryx customers by addressing their current questions as well as provide guidance associated with the best use of Alteryx software. Additionally, you work closely with other members of the Alteryx team including Sales and Engineering to ensure a superior customer experience with both the product and the company as a whole.
- Review, document, troubleshoot and resolve customer’s Alteryx technical questions for the entire platform
- Act as a facilitator and assist with the communication between customer and internal teams when escalating issues
- Respond to customer requests within expected Service Level Agreements and manage customer expectations
- Contribute knowledge to our Community
- Must be willing to support either west coast hours (9am-6pm MST) or east coast hours (6am-3pm MST).
- Must have 2+ years of experience accessing database environments (SQL Server, Oracle, Teradata, PostgreSQL, or Hadoop)
- Must have 2+ years of experience managing and troubleshooting database connections
- Must understand the concepts of ODBC, Oracle’s OCI, APIs and connection strings
- Bachelor's degree in economics, statistics, mathematics, computer science, engineering, or a related quantitative field.
- 2+ years of experience in a customer-facing and/or consultative environment
- Experience troubleshooting network communication issues.
- Experience working with Business intelligence, ETL and/or reporting tools/software; multiple types of databases
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to non-technical users
- Comfortable working in a Microsoft environment and Windows Operating System
- Ability to work with end-user customers directly in a courteous and professional manner
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment, under pressure and prioritize multiple tasks
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Knowledge of Alteryx preferred
- Experience using statistical programming tools such as R, SAS, and SPSS
- Experience using dash boarding tools such as Tableau, Qlikview
- Mathematical, statistical, financial, quantitative, and/or spatial modeling for complex business decisions
- Experience and comfort working on Linux based systems
- Experience with or exposure to Docker or similar platform
- Experience with Hadoop
- Experience with Kerberos
Alteryx, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Unsolicited third party/agency profiles and resumes will not be considered
Read Full Job Description