Customer Support, Disputes Specialist at Checkr
Checkr’s mission is to build a fairer future by improving understanding of the past. We believe all candidates, regardless of who they are, should have a fair chance to work. Established in 2014 and valued at $4.6B, Checkr is using technology to bring hiring to the next level. Our People Trust Platform uses machine learning to help thousands of companies modernize their background check process and make hiring safer, more efficient, and more inclusive. Some of our customers include Uber, Instacart, Doordash, Netflix, Compass Group, and Adecco.
A career with Checkr is an opportunity to work with some of the best and brightest minds, disrupt an industry for a better future, and give otherwise overlooked candidates access to employment. Checkr has been recognized in Forbes Best Startup Employers and is a top Y Combinator company by valuation.
Checkr Inc is looking for a self-motivated, process-oriented individual for the position of Customer Support, Disputes Specialist. This position requires a candidate with strong communication and interpersonal skills, the ability to remain calm in stressful situations, and acute attention to detail. Looking for a problem solver at heart, who appreciates challenges, creativity, seeking alternate solutions and looking for the last piece of the puzzle.
As a consumer reporting agency, Checkr is obligated to re-investigate (commonly referred to as a dispute) a report when an applicant states it contains an inaccuracy. The Intake Specialist is responsible for designing necessary dispute intake processes, including routing and measurement of disputes, as well as executing on intake review and triage. The Intake Specialist will work cross-functionally to build a robust process for dispute intake and ensure that disputes are filed in a timely and accurate manner.
What you will be doing:
- Review and confirm the details provided by applicants to determine course of action regarding disputes both by phone and email
- Work cross-functionally with Legal and Compliance teams, Candidate Experience, Investigations and Product to ensure the intake process is compliant, accurate, and provides a great customer experience
- Own the intake process and responsible for identification, management and reporting of process success criteria
- Refine and implement processes to improve quality and timeliness of dispute intake
- Conduct regular analysis of dispute intake for trends/patterns and develop training to improve quality of intake and deliver compliance updates
Who you are:
- 1-2 years of customer service experience in a similar environment such as medical services, hospitality, retail or food service
- A strong project management skills-- you’re comfortable self-identifying issues, building new processes, training team members, and communicating changes to other stakeholders
- Strong ability to juggle priorities and manage your time
- Attention to detail and extremely well organized -- not afraid to dig deep and handle a large workload.
- Ability to make judgment calls -- self-driven and able to thrive while working independently
- Loves a great puzzle
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Process and solution oriented
- Works well under pressure, comfortable in working within time restrictions and deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to manage cross-functional communications across teams
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Ability to develop and deliver training across various experience levels within a team
What you get:
- A fast-paced and collaborative environment
- Learning and development allowance
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for advancement
- 100% medical, dental and vision coverage
- Flexible PTO policy
- Monthly wellness stipend, home office stipend
The base salary for this position will vary based on geography and other factors. In accordance with Colorado law, the base salary for this role if filled within Colorado is $46,750-$55,000.
Equal Employment Opportunities at Checkr
Checkr is committed to hiring talented and qualified individuals with diverse backgrounds for all of its tech, non-tech, and leadership roles. Checkr believes that the gathering and celebration of unique backgrounds, qualities, and cultures enriches the workplace.
Checkr also welcomes the opportunity to consider qualified applicants with prior arrest or conviction records. Checkr’s commitment to diversity extends to hiring talented individuals in spite of a prior criminal history in accordance with local, state, and/or federal laws, including the San Francisco’s Fair Chance Ordinance.