Customer Success Team Lead
Why work with us
Blinker is a Denver-based mobile app that puts people in control of car ownership. We started our company because we believe the used car market has a major consumer problem – each year, twenty eight million people in the US buy or sell a car at the dealership and lose thousands of dollars in every transaction. Blinker is the only company that allows anyone to sell a car with a lien, buy a car with financing or refinance a car, all on their own with their mobile device.
Our CEO, Rod Buscher, founded Blinker in 2013. Today, Blinker's leadership team carries 170 years of collective automotive and lending experience. Blinker has received over 100,000 downloads and originated millions of dollars in auto loans. We’ve also won a 2017 SXSW Interactive Innovation Award, Colorado Biz Top Company Award, Telly Award, as well as been named a “Gazelle” by the Denver Office of Economic Development and a Colorado Company to Watch.
We’re looking for talented people to help us scale our business and serve a nationwide audience from our headquarters in downtown Denver. We’re a passionate, smart, and driven group, working together to cause some major market disruption. You could be part of that. If you’re eager and ready to work alongside inspiring teammates and make a major, positive impact on our business each and every day, we want you to join us.
What is expected of you
A Customer Success Team Lead oversees the day to day operations of the Customer Success team to ensure an enthusiastic and unequaled level of customer service and sales support for our customers. This position will help guide the team in meeting company sales goals and objectives by providing the strategic direction of the team. They will train, coach, and mentor Customer Success Advisors on how best to help Blinker customers in supporting transactions in our app. A Team Lead will identify areas requiring process improvements and work with team members to implement changes and monitor adherence.
You must be able to work some weekdays, weekends and/or evening hours during Blinker’s 8AM to 7PM operating hours.
What you'll be accountable for
- Drive company origination goals working with and through Customer Success Advisors
- Problem solve and resolve customer issues via email, telephone, chat, and In-App Messaging.
- Timely and consistent follow-up with customers offering recommendations, updates, and/or action plans.
- Manage change through the development, support, and coordination of new processes and procedures.
- Provide daily direction and guidance to Customer Success Advisors.
- Handle escalated customer calls and ensure follow through to resolution. Report root cause of the issue and possible solutions to management.
- Become the expert in the systems and tools utilized by the Customer Success team.
- Develop a training program and training of new Advisors.
- Represent the Customer Success group with other business partners, i.e. Engineering, Product, QA, and Finance.
- Develop new and or improved procedures, documentation, and standard work for the team.
- Monitor call queues and respond accordingly to drive desired service levels.
- Act as the primary go-to for Advisors on questions and advanced training
- Problem solve on technology and product challenges and opportunities
- Understand and execute against the sales process and company goals
- Strong negotiation skills
- Continually refine the sales scripts and processes to achieve optimum results.
- Ability to train Customer Success Advisors on new processes and products.
- A true customer advocate who knows what it means to go above and beyond for the customer
- Communicates well with multiple stakeholders and represents professionalism in the workplace
- Comfortable in a fast-paced environment subject to rapid change and ambiguity
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to train, motivate, and coach staff in order to maintain high customer service standards and build team morale
- 2+ Years customer service team lead or similar experience
- 2+ Years customer service or related experience providing phone and email based customer support, preferably in the tech/software/internet/mobile app space and in a call/support center
- Fluent bi-lingual Spanish speaker - preferred
- Bachelor's degree - preferred
- Experience using software applications, CRM systems, and Customer Service Ticketing systems, such as Zendesk.
- Blinker Inc. does not currently provide Visa sponsorship
What we offer to you
- Competitive pay + equity
- Paid time off
- Comprehensive medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, and parental leave benefits
- 401K Plan
- Health & Dependent Care FSA
- Paid covered parking in Tabor Center garage or RTD transportation
- Fully stocked kitchen with free snacks, beverages, & cold brew coffee on tap
- Regularly recurring, company-wide social activities (e.g. BBQ lunches on patio and afternoon happy hours)