Customer Success Manager at Zayo
Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
The Customer Success Manager (CSM) position is responsible for ensuring an effortless experience for Zayo’s customers with a multitude of requirements. CSMs are responsible for billing reports and inquiries, collections partnerships, implementation projects, service improvement plans and operational service reviews. We are both the internal and external interface for assigned customers proactively managing milestones and communications with our customers throughout the process relating to their requests. CSMs will act as the single point of contact for complex billing analysis and research. Having strengths in project management, time management and risk management will only benefit candidates. If requested, travel may be required. CSMs conduct in-person operational reviews and help create opportunities for customization and process improvement.
- Proactively work to prevent billing, service delivery, and service performance issues by close collaboration with internal teams and resolves customer questions, disputes, and escalations in a manner that is effortless for the customer
- Works with Sales and Product Management teams to identify win-win solutions to customer issues
- Collaborate / partner with AR to focus on opportunities to collect on aging balances
- Ability to identify opportunities to streamline processes that improve the customer experience
- Organize and coordinate project kick-off calls to provide an effortless implementation of customer projects.
- Reports customer performance metrics both internally and externally
- Conduct face-to-face Operational Reviews when requested; which includes network reliability, service delivery, billing and other relevant topics tailored to the customers’ requirements. Travel may be required.
- Leads implementation projects for assigned customers, overlaying internal service delivery teams to ensure an effortless delivery experience.
- Audit and maintain assigned customer contact records in Salesforce
- Influence increase in billing run rate (BRR), quarter over quarter, where possible
- Works cross functionally with Zayo teams driving credit request approvals
- Progressively develops a strong business relationship with all customers supported
- Assists in mentoring and training new team members
- Partner with the NCC in addressing customer concerns regarding network reliability and proactively monitor service to ensure reliability increases to the customers satisfaction.
- Independently manage customer deliverables successfully
- Produce and manage various service reports requested by customer
- Bachelor's degree (B.A.) from four-year College or University, plus one to three years customer service experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- High level of familiarity with MS Excel/PowerPoint/Word
- Highly detail oriented, fast learner, agile and thrives in a fast changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage competing requests in a professional manner.
- Tranzact certified
- Good understanding of Zayo Products and Services
- Passion for customer service and delivering an effortless user experience.
- Desire to understand process, identify improvements and implement change.
- Medium understanding of telecom service delivery processes required.
- Medium level of experience with salesforce.com required.
- Medium level of experience with telecom billing required.
- Strong Time Management Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills and proven ability to interface cross functionally as well as to Management. Have the ability to be concise in communication.
- Possess a sense of urgency with the ability to make timely, creative and sound decisions under pressure.
- Streamline processes to increase efficiency and productivity with the team
- Help develop training and process (Knowledge Articles)
- Set yourself apart from any of the other customer’s vendors, continuing to ask for referrals to strengthen your customer contact list.
- Competitive compensation
- Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, disability and life insurance
- Fitness membership discounts
- Generous paid time off policy