Customer Success Manager at Scaled Agile, Inc.
Customer Success Manager
Scaled Agile, Inc., (https://www.scaledagile.com) is the provider of SAFe®, the world’s leading framework for enterprise agility.
Through learning and certification, a global partner network, and a growing community of over 500,000 trained professionals, Scaled Agile helps enterprises build better systems, increase employee engagement, and improve business outcomes.
Based in Boulder, Colorado, Scaled Agile is a member of the Pledge 1% corporate philanthropy movement, SAI contributes to the local community and seeks to inspire and encourage other companies to the same purpose.
Overview of position:
The Customer Success Manager (CS Manager) is passionate about making customers wildly successful with Scaled Agile’s (SAI) offerings. The CS Manager is an energetic customer-facing professional who engages SAI’s customers through the post-sale portion of the customer journey, serving as a trusted advocate in aligning customer needs with SAI’s solutions.
As part of the company’s Customer Success organization and reporting to the Director of Customer Success, the CSM Manager is responsible for the adoption (time to first value) and retention of their portfolio of customers. The ideal candidate is passionate about SAI’s mission to help customers be successful with SAFe and attain and sustain business agility. As a key source of voice of the customer inside SAI, our CS Managers are active listeners as well as strategic thinkers who understand that wearing both the company’s and customers’ hats is a privilege that equates to success for both.
What you’ll be doing:
You are an experienced and strategic success manager who has had the opportunity to manage a large portfolio of customers, preferably in the SaaS space. You love earning a customer’s confidence and enjoy serving as a trusted advocate for their business. You are motivated by the challenge of identifying new business opportunities within your portfolio, and are driven to exceed company, team, and individual customer satisfaction and revenue goals.
Skills and experience that are important for the role:
- 5+ years of experience in B2B environments working directly with customers in a success, sales or support role(s)
- A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent experience
- A technical mindset and the ability to digest complex scenarios and translate ideas back to customers in a concise way
- Experience working on Agile teams or with those using Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to build good internal and external relationships
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- A track record for thriving in an empowered, fast-paced environment
- Experience or desire to participate in making video tutorials and presentations
- Copywriting skills or technical writing experience is a bonus
- Proven achievement of sales or revenue quotas
- Experience with SFDC, Gainsight, or equivalent CRM systems
- The ability to travel 10-15% of the time (~1-2 territory trips/quarter)
We are looking for a CS Manager to:
- Manage a portfolio of customers through a blend of automated and personal outreach (mix-touch) to drive them to successful outcomes with our products
- Work with strategic customers throughout the adoption, nurturing and renewal phases of the customer journey
- Ensure the customer journey is smooth and well managed, resulting in strong customer retention, engagement and growth via a delightful learning experience within Community and Membership content and tools
- Advocate internally on the customer’s behalf to prioritize activities that promote customer value and health
- Drive customer engagement in Scaled Agile Communities and use of available knowledge base and online support tools
- Partner with our Regional Sales Account Managers to develop customer relationships and ensure consistent, professional, effective interactions
- Monitor customer usage data, health indicators, renewal dates and growth opportunities and translate into strategies for success
- Identify and manage customers at risk for attrition by providing customer status and metrics
- Lead implementation of SAI’s platform with our higher tier customers via both virtual and onsite trainings
- Throughout the customer relationship, via co-created customer success plans and quarterly business reviews:
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of customers’ business drivers and steer program activities to align with those goals
- Monitor and measure customer satisfaction and the value realized from SAI’s solution
- Become an expert in SAFe product and service offerings in order to provide customers with consultative guidance on how to get the most out of our products & community platform via relentless improvement to customer experience
- Contribute to the infrastructure of the Customer Success team- tools, process, and documentation.
This position is based in our beautiful corporate headquarters and training center in NE Boulder with easy access from Foothills Parkway, free parking and lots of flexibility.
Why Scaled Agile?
This is a place for people who love technology environments, geek out on Methodologies and are always thinking about how things can be improved. While we have free snacks and a nice office environment, Foosball and a kegerator are not what we’re about. Nor is the billable hour.
We are a group of seasoned professionals and systems thinkers who are passionate about our mission of helping the biggest organizations in the world improve the way they produce software and creating real value.
We're profitable, we're Agile, and because we’re still small, every single person in this organization has a big impact on our success.
If you are looking for an opportunity to contribute to the direction and success of a vibrant business we'd love to hear from you. Please provide a resume and introduction on why you think you’d be a great fit. (We still read cover letters.)