Customer Success Manager
About Connect First. Connect First Inc. was founded in 2005 and is a privately held company based in Boulder, Colorado. Geoff Mina and Richard Manulkin founded Connect First as a way to revolutionize the contact center industry around the primary mission of providing exceptional customer experiences and cutting edge technology. Today we have over 500 clients worldwide and boast a 97% customer retention rate. With the energy of a startup, but stability of an established business, Connect First is on a roll and looking for great people to help us reach the next stage of success.
Connect First offers competitive salaries, comprehensive benefits, high matching 401k, wellness benefits, generous Paid Time Off, and a casual yet demanding and fast-paced work environment. Best of all we are a dog friendly company! We find time to get outside and enjoy the best of what Boulder has to offer. Our “pay-for-performance” programs healthily reward rock-star achievements and intellect. We also pay for relevant continuing education, conferences, and skills development.
What it’s like to work with us. To understand who, how and why we work, check out our Customer Success Team’s Statement of Values: Our Core Directive at Connect First is “It’s about the customer.” The Customer Success Team undoubtedly has this at the center of everything we do. Our primary functions and goals are customer retention, increasing the installed base revenue, and successfully implementing new customers. The way we achieve these goals includes maintaining proactive engagement, facilitating business optimization, and building long-standing, solid relationships with our customers.
About the role. The Customer Success Manager role is a client-facing resource delivering personalized business support, strategic account management and in-depth technical or product utilization advice. As an experienced customer advocate, the Customer Success Manager is the client’s primary point of contact responsible for orchestrating all account activity and ensuring that Connect First delivers a superior customer experience. The role encompasses ongoing technical support/guidance, business strategy and transformation consultation, as well as overall account management and oversight. This role focuses on ongoing technical problem solving, relationship building and proactive account management activities, promoting overall customer satisfaction, product adoption and contract renewals.
- Significant prior experience in Customer Success/Account Management or equivalent history of increasing customer satisfaction, product adoption, and customer retention.
- Proven ability to drive continuous value of a product through relationships.
- Familiarity working with clients of all sizes.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Detail oriented and analytical.
- Strong team player but still a self-starter.
- Thrives in a multi-tasking environment and can adjust priorities on-the-fly.
- Demonstrable Leadership and Presentation Skills.
- A true passion for Customer Success.
Major Functions of this role.
- Own overall relationship with assigned clients, with a primary focus on product adoption, customer retention, and account growth.
- Establish a trusted/strategic advisor relationship with each assigned client and drive continued value of our products and services.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals, or other key performance indicators and aid the customer in achieving their goals.
- Develop, prepare, and nurture customers for advocacy.
- Work to identify and/or develop upsell opportunities.
- Advocate customer needs/issues cross-departmentally.
- Ensure smooth handoffs from Sales to Implementation and from Implementation to Customer Success.
- Field Product Management – bringing intelligent product feedback and recommendations from customers back to the Connect First Product team.
- 5+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience with Salesforce or other Force.com platforms.
- Experience with Zendesk and/or other ticketing system software.
- Proficient in MS Office software.
- Prior experience in implementation and helping to close sales deals at the executive level a plus.
- You’re driven: No one needs to push you to excel; it’s just who you are.
- Eager to learn, adapt and perfect your work; you seek out help and put it to good use.
- You want to help and serve our customers: They win, so you win.
4-Year Degree or equivalent work experience.
Application process. Please apply by sending your resume & a cover letter. In your cover letter please tell us an example of how you pro-actively resolved a situation to ensure the best possible customer experience. This can be short and sweet. Submissions without this simple little anecdote will be passed to the back.
We look forward to hearing from you!
The Connect First Crew
Connect First is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or Veteran status.