Customer Success Claims Associate at Pie Insurance
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:18 a.m. (MST) on Wednesday, February 3, 2021
Pie Insurance is an insurtech company tackling meaningful problems. At Pie, we work with small businesses using technology and innovation to improve how they access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs. So, at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us.
Today, all Pie-oneers are working remotely and will continue to do so until it is safe to return to the office. As a remote team member, you will be expected to be available for meetings with team members in other time zones and have access to reliable, high-speed internet.
This role will work in our Denver office once our office re-opens.
How You’ll Do It
As a Claims Associate you’ll be an integral claims team member focused on responding quickly to our customers’ requests and listening and addressing their concerns. By being the first point of contact, your role must provide an experience that lives into our brand - “as easy as pie.” A successful Claims Associate will be able to actively listen, seek to understand, find the answers, and guide our clients and partners through their inquiries as well as providing the tangible information that they’re looking for. Your confidence will shine through, and your communications (verbal, written, and otherwise) will build confidence and loyalty to Pie.
Because our goal is to be the best in class in customer experience, your attention to detail, multitasking proficiency, and ability to handle stress will be most important. As an associate , we expect you to respond with a sense of urgency and efficiency to the needs of a customer and our claims partner.
The Day to Day
- Primary first-level contact for all claims administrative tasks. Prioritizes, organizes, and responds to claims inquiries, requests, and needs.
- Timely response through all communication channels, including phone, email, Slack.
- Provides and creates loss run verification and reports as needed for internal and external requests.
- Provides timely coverage confirmation to our Third Party Administrator (TPA ) requests.
- Handles and routes communications to necessary stakeholders and business departments.
- Supports all other projects as assigned.
- Adheres to and applies all claims protocols and guidelines as necessary.
- Effective and Efficient. You can skillfully manage multiple systems, platforms, and tasks. You are self-organized and are able to ensure that things are taken care of for our customers and for Pie.
- Calm Under Pressure. You are adept in calmly defusing difficult situations. You are able to take a frustrated and unhappy customer interaction and situation and turn it into one of mutual understanding, satisfaction, and even loyalty building.
- Multitasking. Changing tasks from one thing to another should be a walk in the park for you. Shifting focus and re-organizing priorities is simple, because of your meticulous attention to detail, you can pick up where you left off and easily move from one task to another depending on changing priorities.
The Right Stuff
- HS diploma or equivalent required; some post secondary education, such as college coursework/certification/training is highly preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience in a claims administration, general office administration or customer service representative role is preferred.
- At least 1 year of experience using multiple data and/or communication platforms, experience in Google (G-Suite) and slack is preferred.
- Must embody and live our core values through your actions, words, and behaviors.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock options)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous PTO
- Paid sick leave
- Future focused 401k match
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award.
- Generous parental leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Check out our great reviews from current and former employees on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding