Customer Success Associate at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Customer Success Associate to join our AES district and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
- Investigate and explore our diverse datasets.
- Data analysis and troubleshooting.
- Support AES district’s projects/statement of works in collaboration with the Customer Success directors and successful managers.
- Project management, customer training, reports, onsite meeting support, and PowerPoint material preparation and delivery.
- Work closely with a broad range of stakeholders, such as Customer Success, marketing, finance, and accounting experts, Technical Project Managers, reporting, software engineers, and Empower.
- Adhoc reporting.
- In collaboration with reporting, build-out automation and tooling for recurring reports,
- Manage your own workload, with strong input into what lands on your plate and flexibility on where, when, and how you do your work
What you will contribute:
- Passion for our mission and the stories we can tell with the data we provide to our AES clients.
- A strong desire to learn and grow through your work in collaboration
- Attention to detail to ensure that our reports are accurate, and we are following consistent processes to generate them
- Motivation to increase your ownership and responsibilities over time
- An ideal candidate will have an interest in energy, data, utilities, and Software-as-a-Service (Saas) products.
- Compassion and team spirit to support our clients and your fellow teammates
- Analyzation of data sources, whether it be engagement metrics, marketplace sales, or financials, to find patterns, trends, and insights, and presenting them to drive decision making. Comfort with pulling data together from different sources, and independently, finding and building the story it tells is crucial.
- Prepare, analyze, and summarize various weekly, monthly, and periodic operational results for use by various key stakeholders, creating reports, specifications, instructions, and flowcharts
- Provide strong and timely financial and business analytic decision support to business partners and various organizational stakeholders
- Develop and implement data analyses, leverage data collection systems, and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Act as a liaison between staff and management, analyzing and interpreting data involving company procedures, policies, and workflows
- A natural affinity for working across departments to drive cross-functional workstreams to completion and an independent thinker who proactively identifies issues, interdependencies, and solutions
- Improve, execute, and effectively communicate significant analyses that identify meaningful trends and opportunities across the AES portfolio
- Participate in regular meetings with the AES clients, management, assessing and addressing issues to identify and implement improvements toward efficient operations
What you bring to Uplight:
- At least 2 years of experience in interfacing with clients, data analytics, business systems analysis, project management, or customer success, preferably at a SaaS or technology company
- Analytical, loves numbers, yet creative and willing to find the right way to tell the story the numbers provide.
- Ability to build financial models and forecasts
- Interpret data, analyze results using analytics, research methodologies, and statistical techniques
- Interest in working in a fast-paced multi-disciplinary environment
- Passion for working with clients and overall satisfaction
- Outstanding analytical, written, and oral communication skills
- Excels in data analysis and presentation tools including Excel, Tableau, Looker, Power BI, Google Analytics, and Salesforce
- You care about energy, its impact on our clients, their customers, and the world
- Once restrictions are lifted willingness to travel up to 20% of the time (post-Covid 19)
- Excellent communicator able to communicate complex data findings and other topics to a wide-ranging audience, including clients in an engaging, succinct manner
- Proven experience and judgment in a business context
- Strong project management experience, ideally in a rapidly paced consulting, services, or the technology-related environment; previous start-up and/or SaaS business model experience is ideal
- Experience handling personally identifiable information (PII)
- Experience working on remote teams
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.