Customer Service Supervisor
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
This Customer Service Supervisor position will be an integral part of the Customer Service Team. The supervisors will work together to ensure consistent adherence to procedures among the staff and will work with each other to propose process and operational improvement suggestions. The success of the position requires managing and developing the team and documenting and improving all processes and procedures, as well as communicating needs and recommendations to higher management.
In addition, we are looking for someone who will embrace and embody our culture of Insane Helpfulness, Transparency, and a Work Hard/Play Hard mentality. If you love to work hard as a team, find technological solutions for customer problems, and end the day with a Nerf gun fight, you are exactly what we are looking for.
As a Customer Service Supervisor, you will:
- Manage a team of ~12-15 Customer Service “Ninjas.”
- Be available to affect the entirety of the team's operations by motivating, developing, and encouraging Ninjas through positive communication and feedback and meeting at least once a month with your team and each individual on your team.
- Work with the Quality Management Team to maintain the highest quality standards across the team.
- Participate in interviews and collaborations with the Talent team for ongoing hiring.
- Assist Corporate Trainer, Training Assistant, and Ninja Training Coordinator with training program implementation and assess needs for current and re-training, including development and maintenance of training materials.
- Create and maintain effective channels of Ninja feedback.
- Complete/assist with department projects as assigned by a Manager of Customer Service.
What you should bring to the table:
- 1-2 years of supervisory experience in contact centers with at least 50 employees (or a similar environment/team size)
- Ability to develop multiple direct reports, give actionable, thoughtful feedback in real time, and engage employees on a large customer service team.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- A passion for innovation and constantly trying new things - and the curiosity and metrics driven attitude to track everything you do.
- An insanely helpful attitude.
Please respond with a resume and a cover letter, explaining why this job is perfect for you --and you for the job.What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized RTD passes, a great office in the heart of Denver, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.