Customer Service Manager
ezCater is the world’s largest online marketplace for catering – a $60+ billion market in the U.S. We make it superbly easy for businesspeople to find and order great food for meetings and events, and we help our catering partners grow their business. We’re backed by $320 million in venture funding and in early 2019 were valued at $1.25 billion. Our mission is to power the world’s catering, and we’ll make it happen – even more surely if you come help us.
Fanatic and fantastic customer service is the spice in our secret sauce. One client put it well: "This is my first call to you guys, and I feel like I'm talking to a friend. I trust you already."
This Manager position will be an integral addition of the Customer Service Management Team. Our managers work together to oversee the consistent adherence to procedures among the staff on-site in both Boston and Denver. We are looking for a team player who will work with the other members of Management and Supervisors to help drive, document and measure process, and constantly strive for improvement. Our commitment to providing concierge-level Customer Service to our customers and caterers alike is unparalleled in the industry and is exemplified by our Management team.
In addition, we are looking for someone who will embrace and embody our culture of Insane Helpfulness, Transparency, and a Work Hard/Play Hard mentality. If you love to work hard as a team, find technological solutions for customer problems, and end the day with a Nerf gun fight, you are exactly what we are looking for.
As a Customer Service Manager, you’ll be responsible for:
- Managing and supporting a team of Customer Service Supervisors who oversee our Denver team, and be available to affect the entirety of the team's operations.
- Working with Quality Management and Training teams to ensure the highest quality standards across the team, such as maintaining our 4.9 (out of 5) CSAT score.
- Leading Supervisors in recruiting new staff and scheduling existing staff to help us meet service level objectives, such as our 90/30 service level goal
- Leading Supervisors in continually assessing efficiency and effectiveness of the team as a whole and coming up with new processes/procedures and opportunities for automation to create a better customer experience and manage Customer Service costs
- Creating effective channels of customer service feedback to consistently improve customer experience
- Working with Director of Customer Service and other CS Managers in CS operations and strategy build out
- Partnering with other leaders and departments to drive support operations and the growth of ezCater
- 3-5+ years of direct management experience of both supervisors, indirect customer service representatives, and individual contributors
- Experience managing in a 250+ seat customer service organization in a fast-paced, customer-centric environment
- A passion for innovation and constantly trying new things - and the curiosity and metrics driven attitude to track everything you do. You live at the intersection of fast-paced + gold star customer service!
- Proven ability to develop multiple direct reports, give actionable, thoughtful feedback in real time, and engage employees on a large customer service team
- A proven track record of dedication to customer satisfaction and driving above average CSAT scores while driving down customer service costs.
- The ability to read and understand data sets to track efficiency gains and process improvements over time
- An insanely helpful attitude
Please submit a cover letter with your resume, explaining why this job is perfect for you --and you for the job.
What you’ll get from us:
Importantly, you’ll get a tremendous amount of authority and autonomy. You’ll own your outcomes and see measurable results for your efforts. With ezCater’s radical transparency and trust, you’ll have open access to the data that drives our decisions. You'll have a coaching environment to learn and develop, and ezUniversity sessions will provide plenty of opportunities to expand your mind.
At the same time, you’ll get sane working hours and a huge amount of flexibility around work/life balance. Have people in your life – of any age – who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and here’s what else you’ll get: Market salary, stock options you’ll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, subsidized T-passes, a great office in the heart of Boston, a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies), and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.