Customer Service / Agency Assistant
NEWMEDIA is looking for a Customer Service / Agency Assistant to help our team bring superb attention to our valued clients. A well-funded startup since August 2015 and backed by an agency with 20 years of experience, NEWMEDIA is bringing the high-end agency experience to small- and medium-sized businesses, nonprofits and individuals seeking agency-level quality, service, and support for a fraction of the cost.
We're located in beautiful and sunny downtown Denver, Colorado—one of technology’s new hotspots in the United States. We are mere steps from Coors Field, Union Station, and just blocks from the 16th Street Mall.
NEWMEDIA is notable for its 20-year track record of providing full-service website design and development that is smart, user-friendly, and cutting-edge. We are a leader in a competitive industry with two start-ups—Riot Labs and DRUD—integrated within our mother company. Our work environment is friendly but hard working; we have the stability of our longtime successes with a fun, start-up vibe. What makes newmedia special is its PEOPLE.
We strive for and earn a significant portion of the $23 billion-a-year market for our services. As much as we have accomplished, it's a drop in the bucket compared to what we have planned. To get there—and to continue our pace of success and growth—we need energetic and engaged assistants to join our ranks.
How You Will Contribute
- Ensure that all client communications are responded to effectively and efficiently using the appropriate resource and within company defined time windows.
- Scheduling and coordinating all meetings between the client and the production team.
- Continually seek out opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen client relationships.
- Engage in positive communication with clients that fosters long lasting relationships.
- As much as possible and when/where appropriate, offload as much of the communication tasks from the project manager, account manager and production teams.
- Be proactive: staying ahead of the client, anticipating next questions and requests before they happen.
- Attend meetings with project managers: Take clear, concise notes and translate into communication with the client using Basecamp.
- Continually monitor Basecamp to ensure clients are responded to in a timely fashion.
- Ensuring all project management and client communication systems are kept orderly and up to date.
- Assist account managers in communicating with clients and keeping various team members continually updated.
- Facilitate fluid communication between project managers and other departments including account managers, designers, digital marketers, and developers.
- Serve as backup to a project manager when required.
- Rotate front desk operations with other CS/AA team members.
- Assist CEO and People Services on an as needed basis.
- Prep meeting rooms for client visits: Straightening rooms and making sure presentation supplies are stocked.
- Greet clients by offering beverages and offer seating. Update internal members of client arrival.
- 1+ year(s) experience working in a customer service facing role.
- Great attention to detail.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Punctuality and attention to detail.
- Ability to multi-task and balance the needs of multiple concurrent projects.
- Ability to take and summarize meeting notes.
- Basic Wordpress CMS experience.