Customer Relationship Manager (Business Development)
As a Customer Relationship Manager (Business Development) on the Client Communications Management team, you will succeed by serving as a trusted business partner: both within the customer’s organization and working as a member of the overall client relationship team. The Customer Relationship Manager, Senior is a customer and business SME, responsible for managing all aspects of the interaction with our customer including the direct sales of our Client Communications Management product suite, including marketing and print services. The Customer Relationship Manager will become and expert in identifying customer communications needs and selling new solutions from our CCM portfolio. The role enables CSG to better understand the customer’s business and challenges and drive new business while meeting revenue targets. Learning the customer business enables the Customer Relationship Manager, Senior (CCM) to be a trusted advisor to the customer. Executed correctly, the Customer Relationship Manager, Senior (CCM) plays a critical role in working with the Client Business Unit team in delivering revenue against quarterly and annual goals through the knowledge of the customer’s business and overall strength of the business partnership.
Essential Job Responsibilities
- Recognize and drive new revenue. Partner with the Client Business Executive as well as the Solution Consulting teams to identify and close potential opportunities for new products and product lines across the CCM portfolio.
- In cooperation with the Client Business Executive, develop client portfolios/account plans that tell the customer story and which outline critical success factors, metrics for success, potential issues, and recommendations for additional business generation
- Working with the Client Business Executive, lead the contracting process for CCM solutions with Marketing Services Quotes, LOA’s, SOW’s, AR’s, PO’s, and related amendments.
- Lead the qualification of opportunities for sales within the scope of Client Communications Management
- Provide customer feedback to internal service, support, product, and development teams on new service initiatives that could be sold to the customer.
- Be present. As a key customer advocate, understand, anticipate, and manage the needs of the customer from both a current and future perspective.
- Act as a liaison between the client and internal teams when issues are escalated to minimize impact in a timely manner and ensure the appropriate client communication is provided.
- Complete quarterly business review meetings and establish a regular program of reviews.
- Organize and participate in product demonstrations.
- Communicate impacting change events.
- Customer Business SME. Understand the customer’s business to drive and deliver new revenue. Engage the other centers of expertise to collaborate on client solution development, as appropriate.
- Collaborate with internal developers and SMEs to share the voice of the customer and discuss trade-offs between usability and or higher level consulting needs from the professional services teams.
- Be positioned as an ambassador for the company both internally and externally. Provide thought leadership to educate the customer and internal teams on business industry trends as well as the customer business strategies.
- Monitor and facilitate customer adoption of our solution features and functionality by providing the other internal CSG teams with an understanding of their overall business needs as they relate to our product portfolio.
Must be able to travel internationally and/or domestically (dependent upon location of the role) up to 50% of the time.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Computer Science, and/or a related field
- 7+ years of product, solutions, and/or technical client relationship or sales experience in a comparable environment.
- Understanding of Communication products within the Client Communication Management portfolio: IVR, SMS, Journey Orchestration, digital messaging, e-mail and managed print services.
- Proven track record of growing revenue within existing customer relationships.
- Ability to identify gaps in client communications stack, identify and implement CSG solutions to solve client communication challenges while growing CSG revenue
- Established reputation as a high integrity, strong performer
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with internal/external clients at all levels of the organization as well as consult with the customer and assist them in defining their needs based on product industry knowledge
- Demonstrated business acumen with the ability to translate business requirements into product solutions.
- Strong consulting, negotiation, problem solving, and interpersonal skills