At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
Xero's Customer Experience Team is made up of product experts, based in NZ, AU, US and UK, who work together to provide 24/7 support to Xero users. We aim to delight our customers and make it easy for them to see how Xero adds value to their business.
As a Customer Experience Specialist - Banking/Billing team member, you'll take ownership of investigating and troubleshooting bank connection queries and problems and connecting bank feeds or customer subscriptions. You will also follow-up with banking partners and/or GTM representatives to get to the source of the issue and forge strong working relationships with both external customers and the wider Xero team.
What you'll do
- Effective resolution and prioritization of customer support requests relating to cx banking/billing within our targeted initial response times.
- Maintain a high quality of response to customers via both email and phone.
- Maintain a high quality of written communication in an agreed style and format.
- Collaborate with team members to provide high quality customer service.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Xero customer experience service, including the Xero application functionality.
- Other banking/billing related tasks.
Success looks like
- Regularly demonstrating Xero's core values - Human, Team, Challenge, Ownership, and Beautiful.
- Timely, accurate, and helpful responses to customer support tickets as per the agreed targets.
- Efficient escalation of priority issues to assist in the prompt resolution of these.
- Provide feedback on process or product improvements to the CX Management Team.
What you'll bring with you
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolving problems
- Initiative and ability to self manage, along with flexibility
- Ability to build effective relationships
- A fast learner, familiar and comfortable with technology
- A proven team player who proactively helps other team members
- Experience within a customer service environment is preferred
- Experience in a small business is desirable
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $44,000 - $47,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary. This role is non-exempt and candidates must be available to start March 7th, 2022 .
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 11 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.