Customer Experience Specialist - Billing at Xero
At Xero, our purpose is to make life better for people in small business, their advisors, and communities around the world. This purpose sits at the centre of everything we do. We support our people to do the best work of their lives so that they can help small businesses succeed through better tools, information and connections. Because when they succeed they make a difference, and when millions of small businesses are making a difference, the world is a more beautiful place.
How you'll make an impact
Xero's Customer Experience Team is made up of product experts, based in NZ, AU, US and UK, who work together to provide 24/7 support to Xero users. We aim to delight our customers and make it easy for them to see how Xero adds value to their business.
As a Customer Experience Specialist - Billing you'll be a major contributor on the customer experience team, understanding the technical details of our billing system and billing processes. You will deliver exceptional customer experience to help our customers with all billing queries as well as actioning billing changes with meticulous attention to detail.
What you'll do
- Delight customers!
- Effective resolution and prioritization of customer support requests relating to billing within our targeted initial response times
- Investigating queries regarding subscription invoice and subscriber access
- Where assigned an issue, respond to the customer by email or phone, within our targeted initial response times, to either resolve the issue or request further information/clarification regarding the issue
- Maintain a high quality of written communication in an agreed style and format
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of the Xero customer experience service, including the Xero application functionality
- Problem solving for technical issues using a variety of resources and team collaboration
- Attend and assist with training sessions on in-house software applications and selected areas of the Xero accounting application
- Other Billing duties as required. This list is not meant to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and responsibilities assigned to this position.
Success looks like
- Regularly demonstrating Xero's core values - Human, Team, Challenge, Ownership, and Beautiful
- Timely, accurate, and helpful responses to customer support tickets as per the agreed targets
- Able to meet productivity expectations to drive #beautiful customer experience outcomes with high customer demand
- Efficient escalation of priority issues to assist in prompt case resolution
- Accurate and meticulous attention to detail on all billing credits and subscription calculations
- Provide feedback on processes and product improvements to the CX Management Team
What you'll bring with you
- Ability to understand customer requests and provide tailored resolutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication
- Diligence and commitment to following through and resolving problems
- Initiative and ability to self manage, along with adaptability and flexibility
- Ability to build effective relationships
- A fast learner, familiar and comfortable with technology
- A resilient team player with a proven track record of proactively helping other team members
- An ability to think outside the box when problem solving
- Experience within a customer service environment is preferred
- Experience in a small business is desirable
- Experience working in collaborative, people-first (ie. customers, peers, and others) environments
Xero celebrates diversity. We are committed to creating an inclusive environment where our employees can do the best work of their lives. We are committed to transparency and to equal pay for equal work. Total compensation for this role includes a base salary of $44,000 - $47,000, commensurate with experience, plus an annual grant of Xero shares, calculated as a percentage of base salary. This role is non-exempt and candidates must be available to start March 7th, 2022 .
Xero offers access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (in CA & CO only)
Xero will match 100% on the first 3% of 401k contributions plus 50% match on next 2% of contributions
Employees enjoy 21 days of paid time off per year
Employees also have 10 days of wellbeing leave to care for their minds, bodies, and families
US employees enjoy 12 paid holidays per year
Xero offers an industry-leading 26 weeks of parental leave at up to 100% pay
Xero offers a number of employee wellness programs, to include yoga, mindfulness and nutrition workshops, EAP, free flu shots, team meals, and a monthly wellbeing allowance
Diversity of people brings diversity of thought, and we like that. A collaborative and inclusive environment is important to us. Working at Xero will provide you with a diverse and inclusive environment alongside people who will respect, challenge and support you to have fun while you do the best work of your life. We are a place where personal development, flexible working, innovation, and well-being are not just inspired but celebrated. We value our people and offer a wide range of compelling benefits and perks, including Xero shares and great parental leave policies.
Xero's collaborative culture is underscored by our values - #Ownership, #Challenge, #Beautiful, #Human and #Team - which empower us to understand and serve customers, attract top talent and continuously innovate. From the moment you step through our doors, you'll feel welcome and supported to do the best work of your life.
Please note that we currently require all employees and contractors to be vaccinated against COVID-19 in order to work from a Xero office, or engage in any face-to-face Xero business. Xero will work with anyone who is not vaccinated, or prefers not to disclose their vaccination status, to determine if any reasonable accommodations can be provided to ensure their role can be performed safely whilst the restriction is in place..