Do you want to work for a world-leading manufacturer who strives to build a better future through sustainability and innovation? Are you looking for a new challenge in a stable, fast-growing sector?
Join us, and build your career by helping us build the future.
We are a global leader in sustainable products with more than 21,000 team members worldwide. From infinitely recyclable aluminum cans, cups, and aerosol bottles, to aerospace solutions that enable our customers to have a deeper understanding of our planet and the universe. We produce all these incredible things with one unique purpose: crafting a better community, a better society, a better world.
Moreover, each of us has a deep commitment to diversity and inclusion which is the foundation of our culture of belonging. And everyone at Ball is an everyday champion, making a difference by doing what we love.
We lead with our heads and our hearts and combine innovative thinking with a spirit of resiliency that keeps us moving forward in a relentless pursuit of new ways to make life, and the world, better. Whether we’re developing packaging that’s infinitely recyclable or aerospace innovations. Because what we create may change, but what we will always make is a difference.
Manages the manufacturing customer/equipment assistance function as directed. Participates in quality assurance for new product development.
What will you be responsible for?
- Maintains customer focus through effective customer/equipment maintenance/assistance program.
- Manages customer/equipment assistance program for field-testing new materials at customer locations.
- Arranges weekly schedules for the customer assistance visits, coordinating travel activities with Ball plants, customers, and suppliers.
- Provides the interface between the quality assurance staff, plants, and customer/equipment assistance activities regarding quality problems and solutions at customer operations including customer assistance with their equipment conversion and/or set-up of equipment.
- Develops and establishes guidelines and programs that ensure corrective action is taken by BPNCA operations and/or customers when needed on production failing to meet customer performance criteria. Deals in facts and provides required follow up.
- Analyzes and coordinates various proposed projects with engineering and research and development departments to ensure thorough testing and proving at customer locations.
- Acts as a technical advisor or consultant to Ball’s customers providing technical support services including equipment troubleshooting, problem resolution, and maintenance of products and services produced by the organization and/or third parties.
- Responds to technical questions from customers and diagnoses, troubleshoots, and resolves technical issues regarding products and services.
- Ensures customer satisfaction by advising customers on preventative maintenance and configurations that may favorably impact performance.
- Provide assistance with customer equipment to aid in avoiding quality issues through seamer audits, seamer adjustments, rebuilding, and preventive maintenance.
What are we looking for?
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 3 years minimum
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Customer interfacing/interaction experience
- Expertise in the following areas: engineering principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures; generally accepted managerial practices and procedures; filling and seaming equipment, and associated conveying and packaging equipment.
- Seamer Rebuilding and Maintenance experience
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 53,500 - 95,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans