Customer Care Representative - $15-18/hr
Greater Denver Area
Establish Pie as the leading commercial insurance among small business owners by providing an outstanding experience for our customers.
How You’ll Do It
On a day-to-day basis, you will be a face of Pie with our customers. Your every interaction by phone and email will define whether our customers’ experience is as easy as Pie.
At this stage in our growth, our processes are constantly changing. Pie’s Customer Service Rep (CSR) role will demand flexibility and the ability to adapt as our processes change. You have a unique opportunity to think outside box and have a strategic influence in identifying and implementing process efficiencies and automation.
Whether It’s Right For You
Everything we do is connected, but we each have different roles. That means we need you to be flexible and very detailed oriented. We are a start-up. All hands and minds are needed.
This is a non-exempt, associate position. You will be joining our team in downtown Denver near LoDo, a short walk from Union Station. You will need to have at least one year of experience in a customer-facing role.
The Day to Day
- Speaking and communicating with our customers to answer questions and solve problems related to their workers' compensation insurance policies
- Accepting and processing payments as well as issuing new policies
- Generating and distributing certificates of insurance (COIs) and waivers of insurance
- Tracking and following up on non-payments to ensure resolution or initiate cancellation
The Right Stuff
- We Hear You Smiling. You answer the phone with a smile, ready to handle whatever the customer needs.
- Speed. You can quickly, accurately capture a high volume of information in multiple systems.
- Calm Under Pressure. You are skilled in calmly defusing difficult situation and unhappy customers leveraging your array of talents.
- Arithmetic. You’ll spend time in Excel and our payment system, Stripe, applying basic arithmetic and attention to detail.
- Operational Detail. You understand the importance of following a process and checking your work to ensure it is complete and correct.
- Prior Experience. Prior experience in insurance, credit, lending and/or financial services, and/or working in Hubspot, Insurity and/or Stripe are helpful.
Working at Pie
- You expect to challenge others and to be challenged.
- Your communication style is candid and compassionate.
- You share your knowledge. We aren’t here to compete with one another; we are in it to win it, together.
- You share our passion for the small business community.
We're building Pie for the next generation of small businesses. Our team is on a mission to make workers’ compensation less expensive, simpler, and more transparent. Easy as pie, in fact.
Founded in 2017, Pie is a fast-growing insurtech startup with home offices in Washington, DC, and Denver, CO. Pie offers an incredible career opportunity where you can use your expertise to disrupt an industry and serve the SMB community. Invest your time doing meaningful work in a fast-paced environment where your contribution will have an immediate impact.
Pie, backed by trusted global insurer Sirius Group, continues to expand nationwide in 2019 as we scale our team and operations. Want a slice? In return for your commitment to us, you’ll get a piece of Pie in the form of stock options. At Pie, we’re invested in you, and you in us.
Read Full Job Description