Customer Care Manager at RIGHTFUL
- We are changing lives and communities. Sixty percent of the U.S. population suffers from at least one recurring health condition, and pharmaceutical drugs often fail people with their side effects, risk of dependency, and cursory and temporary impacts.
- We are meeting a significant and unsatisfied demand in healthcare and consumer goods. Our company addresses a growing interest in plant-based medicinal products as an alternative to pharmaceuticals, combining effective products with an exceptional customer experience.
- We are focused on creating an extraordinary brand, not just extraordinary products. We are building an iconic, direct-to-consumer brand that will amplify the reach and value of our products.
Why We’re Different
- We create novel, complementary and bioavailable formulas, carefully selecting the optimal mix of key botanicals and delivering them in formats that are innovative and convenient.
- We provide therapeutic doses of active plant compounds to deliver whole-health solutions that are validated by credible scientific studies and independently tested for high quality.
- We provide holistic and sustainable health solutions with integrity and transparency, rejecting both the ineffective “pixie dust” and the transitory “silver bullets” offered by other supplement brands.
- We have a remarkable leadership team with extensive experience in building successful consumer-facing brands, including digitally-native concepts. We have a hands-on culture that embraces challenges and thrives on open communication, relying on teamwork and transparency to overcome every obstacle in our way.
- Our founders and initial investors are an extraordinary and accomplished group of entrepreneurs and business leaders. They include the former founder and CEO of a category-leading natural beverage brand that was acquired by a Fortune 500 company; one of the world’s foremost experts on the formulation and use of botanical remedies and herbal supplements; and a successful investor-operator with more than two decades of experience in media and natural foods.
- We also have best-in-class partners and advisers, leveraging their deep functional expertise and extensive brand-building experience.
- The nutraceuticals market is expected to reach over $100 Billion by 2024, with the herbal supplements category seeing 10% compound annual growth for the next decade or more.
- Our first two products address recurring pain, which is estimated to affect at least 50 million people in the United States alone. Our future products, including two already in development, will target other health issues that affect millions of people and for which consumers are seeking alternativEs to traditional pharmaceuticals.
- While interest in plant-based medicines and herbal supplements is growing rapidly, the marketplace is fragmented and confusing for the average consumer, and brand loyalty is extremely low.
- Our goal is simple: to build a billion-dollar brand that delivers beneficial and therapeutic solutions to millions of people with effective and differentiated herbal medicine products and an extraordinary customer experience.
- You have the rare opportunity to join a small team that will chart the strategic and operational direction of a mission-driven, growth-oriented startup that aims to change the world (and has a real plan to do it).
- You will be our front line of communication with an extraordinary community of optimistic relief seekers: our current and future customers who are looking for natural and effective alternatives to pharmaceutical drugs and existing supplement products and are searching for a brand they can trust to deliver that to them.
ABOUT THE CUSTOMER CARE & CONSUMER INSIGHTS MANAGER ROLE
Our Customer Obsession
Rightful exists to improve people’s health in transformative ways. Key to our success is our singular focus on our current and future customers, which starts with exceptional communication and care.
- We are a start-up. There’s a job description with specifics that follow, but the truth is, you’ll be working side-by-side with our “small but mighty” team to create and execute our strategy to deliver best-in-class customer care and glean invaluable consumer insights, which will be absolutely crucial for our customer retention and key elements of our growth strategy. In an early-stage company like Rightful, high performers will see their roles and opportunities grow together with the business.
- You are (1) passionate about delivering extraordinary customer care across channels and (2) excited to engage with current and future customers to learn and analyze their opinions, preferences and motivations as an herbal medicine consumer.
- You are able to embody and evolve our brand voice to resonate with a diverse group of people living with real health concerns. You make sure everyone who takes the time to reach out has their voice heard and their question answered, and you lean in to exceed their expectations. You handle difficult or upset people with a positive attitude and know what it means to “kill them with kindness.”
- You are also passionate about engaging with consumers to learn about them and what “makes them tick”, and then figuring out how those attitudes and opinions can translate into actionable business strategies. Your natural curiosity is paired with strong data analysis skills and good business logic to find the insights and trends that matter, and you are confident to present and defend your recommendations to company leadership.
- This position reports to Rightful’s Chief Operating Officer and works closely with the marketing and sales teams. This position has no direct reports currently, but the intention is for the role to grow alongside the business eventually to have management responsibilities.
Responsibilities and Expectations
- Build and lead our customer care and consumer insights function, working cross-functionally to develop strategies and processes that will deliver demonstrable and quantifiable results
- Manage all inbound consumer contacts, including inquiries, requests, comments and complaints across support and social channels
- Collaborate with the marketing team to ensure a cohesive and seamless communications experience between marketing, customer care and social community
- Own our consumer contact platforms, identifying and implementing best practices to leverage technology to deliver best-in-class customer care and consumer insights
- Monitor trends in our customer care and social interactions and work with company leadership to translate consumer feedback and social listening into actionable business improvements
- Manage external vendor relationships related to customer care
- Create a robust quantitative and qualitative consumer insights program including written surveys, phone, video and in-person interviews, user testing, and other tactics as appropriate, managing these efforts from conception through execution, data analysis, and results and recommendations
Experience and Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Minimum three years of experience in a customer support role with increasing responsibility, especially requiring a high level of productivity and independent initiative in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge of best practices and effective processes for consumer contacts across channels, including both customer support and consumer research
- Experience with customer support and consumer research tools and reporting
- Experience engaging with consumers in a support role to drive both acquisition and retention
Other Key Personal Attributes
- Demonstrated leadership, initiative and motivation to go above and beyond to deliver exceptional customer service
- Passion for using data to drive continuous improvement in the customer experience
- Creative problem-solving and a growth mindset
- Equally comfortable collaborating with colleagues and working independently to accomplish your goals
Candidates will be asked to complete a short writing exercise as part of the hiring process.
Rightful offers competitive compensation commensurate with experience. Rightful HQ is in Denver, CO – local and remote applicants encouraged to apply.
Rightful is committed to diversity and will never discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion or creed, gender or gender expression, age, national origin or ancestry, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, or military status. Our customers are diverse, and we want our team to be, too!
Are you ready to build an extraordinary business and help a lot of people? Send your resume and a personal statement about why you want to join us to [email protected] We can’t wait to hear from you!