Custom Supply Chain Planner at ArcherDX
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
- Collaborate with personnel in Clinical Studies, Sales, Customer Support, Logistics, Internal Production, Quality, and Research teams by assisting with planning volume sizes, quantities and when to order by monitoring on hand inventory, supplier lead times and fluctuating demand requirements.
- Provide forecasts to Internal Production teams and ensure proper levels of raw materials are available to support their production schedule.
- Coordinate with Procurement and Quality Assurance teams to address any supplier or subcontractor challenges.
- Serve as back-up to other Supplier Chain Planners
- Develop and implement process improvements and efficiencies.
- Data entry and verification in ERP including input to test scripts and migration and configuration of a new ERP.
- Serve as day-to-day point of contact with the subcontractors, participate in meetings and/or provide regular updates as needed.
- Interact with suppliers to obtain material information, return nonconforming products, and support product manufacture and release.
- Manage the new custom product orders to cash process, ensuring custom orders are delivered on time by closely coordinating with Assay Development, Procurement, Receiving, Manufacturing, Kitting and Shipping teams.
- Ensure custom product is on hand and within the designated expiration dating, per the forecast, by reviewing on hand inventory, creating manufacturing requests and working in close coordination with the Assay Development team to determine bill of material updates and Quality Control requirements.
- Update the custom material planning spreadsheet with new run-rate product bill of materials, at minimum once per month, until new ERP implementation.
- 5 or more years of experience in supply chain, inventory control and management; preferably in managing items for the medical device, biotech, or pharmaceutical industries.
- Knowledge of S&OP best practices
- APICS Certification or Courses is preferred
- Familiarity with Lean Manufacturing principles
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Experience writing and implementing standard operating processes, work instructions and visual process flow mapping
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP)/materials requirements planning (MRP) software
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Experience working in regulated environments (ISO, FDA)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including experience writing complex process documents
- Ability to learn technical information provided in trainings
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment
- Bachelors in a business, supply chain, operations, life science or other relevant field
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $85,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.