Custom Supply Chain Planner at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life. We are passionate about what we do!
We are looking for an experienced and motivated supply chain planning professional to join our team and work closely with our Development teams on custom part order fulfillment. This position will be responsible for supply chain planning from raw materials to internally manufactured subassemblies and finished goods. This role requires an ability to clearly and concisely communicate both written and verbally between internal teams such as Planning, Production, R&D, Logistics, Quality and Procurement. We are looking for a person who has a high attention to detail and an ability to work in an ERP in combination with strong Excel skills. This position requires an ability to write process documents and cross-train others.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Material Resource Planning and Master Production Scheduling for custom products, checking in on order progress from receipt of raw materials, to manufacturing scheduling to quality release to shipping.
- Tracking and recording order statuses daily to capture crucial lead time metrics
- Communicating expected shipment dates to Customer Support, advising any delays, risks or challenges and mitigations as necessary
- Serve as coverage back-up to other Supplier Chain Planning team members
- Maintaining and updating records in various systems including ERP, Confluence/Jira, SmartSheets
- Creation and closure of Manufacturing Orders and other required production paperwork
- Configuration design support and user testing for new ERP/MRP for Reviewing and releasing planned order recommendations and exception management in new MRP
- Identify process gaps and implement process improvements and efficiencies
- Write informal process documents to build team’s training program and facilitate cross-training
- 5 or more years of experience in supply chain, inventory control/management or project management in a manufacturing or production environment. Experience in medical device, biotech, or pharmaceutical industries preferred
- Knowledge of enterprise resource planning (ERP)/materials requirements planning (MRP) software required
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel and Google Workspace
- Proficient in Smartsheet, Microsoft Project or other project management tools
- Oracle or ERP implementation experience would be beneficial
- Familiarity with LEAN Manufacturing principles preferred
- Ability to understand technical information provided in trainings
- Exceptional attention to detail and self-organization skills a must
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to write and implement standard operating processes, work instructions and visual process flow mapping
- Understanding of project management methodology and tools as well as manufacturing/production planning
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and perform under pressure and deadlines
- Teamwork is a core value, willingness to help others and pick up tasks/workload as necessary to meet business objectives
- High School/GED diploma required
- Bachelor’s Degree or some college preferred
- APICS or other Planning certifications preferred
POSITION TYPE/EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK:
- This is a full-time position working standard business hours. This position may require the flexibility to work diverse schedules, including evenings, weekends and holidays.
- This job description is not designed to cover nor contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $83,000 per year. In determining the final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
- Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
- Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.