Credit and Working Capital Global Process Lead at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of Position
Reporting to the Director, Customer to Cash Global Process Owner, the Credit Management & Working Capital Global Process Lead will assume accountability as the single-point owner for the Credit Management and Working Capital process areas across geographic and business unit boundaries. This position will partner with key members of the Treasury, Finance and GBS organizations, business leaders and Technology to drive operational excellence in support of Ball’s financial and strategic objectives. This position will also be involved in a variety of cross-functional projects that drive operational efficiencies, enhance reporting and analysis for improved decision-making and strengthen cash flow.
- Provide strategic and operational direction to C2C global teams on the execution of Credit Management and Working Capital processes, ensuring a high level of standardization with minimal local variants.
- Lead and Manage a team of employees split across different time zones
- Develop and translate strategic objectives into executable roadmap with defined goals and targets, including relevant performance metrics.
- Lead Credit Management & Working Capital Transformation and Continuous Improvement initiatives as aligned with GPO to standardize or automate process steps, harmonize data, identify and support the implementation of tools to improve accuracy and efficiency, reduce process costs and maximize investment returns.
- Stay current on technology and process trends as well as industry benchmarks in order to identify and implement best practices.
- Collaborate with GBS to prepare the appropriate service level agreements and key performance indicators which define scope, accountabilities, cost, and performance metrics.
- Perform data analysis as needed to assess various performance attributes of Credit Management and Working Capital cycles, including process and performance efficiencies, identifying opportunity areas. Strong emphasis on Accounts Receivables Cash Forecasting as input into broader treasury cash forecasting.
- Lead the Global Credit & Risk controls self-assessment and propose changes to promote improved controls and/or testing efficiency in accordance with Sarbanes Oxley (SOX) requirements within the regions.
- Conduct change management campaigns to ensure end-to-end stakeholder buy-in and support during implementation and post-implementation of initiatives.
- Act as the functional owner of the global Credit Management solution, understanding the configuration and features of the systems in detail and acting as the functional contact for GBS and Regional teams.
- Serve as a resource/escalation point of contact to teams for interpreting Credit Management policy and processes.
- Establishes and maintains effective work relationships within the department, the division, the group, and the company. Includes ability to handle stress and to interact with others so as to establish and maintain a positive and productive work environment and minimize personal conflicts.
- While the regular working cycle of this position is usually five days on (Monday-Friday), this job may include working weekends (Saturday and Sunday); working hours may vary as specified by management. Incumbent must be able to work overtime on a regular basis and/or be on call as directed by management.
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 10 year(s) minimum
- Significant experience in leading and managing teams including team members in remote locations
- Certifications/Licenses/Other: SAP experience preferred
- Significant knowledge and a keen understanding of credit, collections and accounts receivable transactions and processes including how they are performed, upstream and downstream considerations, and leading practices in these areas to identify and drive process improvements
- Ability to drive change and improve the end-to-end processes with a strong, proven track record in business process re-engineering and systems analysis
- Strong understanding of internal controls including Sarbanes Oxley compliance
- Experience in working with cross functional teams in multiple countries
- Strong business acumen, analytical thinking, problem solving and communication skills
- A talent for multi-tasking, prioritizing objectives, and meeting deadlines
- Ability to apply intensive and diversified evaluation, selection, and substantial adaptation and modification of standard business process techniques, procedures, and criteria
- Ability to create systematic and manual operations procedures and consistent requirements specifications in both technical and user-friendly language
- Ability to apply statistical and other research methods into systems issues and products as required
- Excellent analytical, mathematical, and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent understanding of the organization’s goals and objectives
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Must be able to handle sensitive related and proprietary information in a confidential manner
- Performs such individual assignments as management may direct
- Must follow company policies, procedures, practices, and standards of conduct as outlined in the Ball Corporation manuals
- Must maintain professional competence, ethical integrity, knowledge, and skills
Demonstrated Ball Leadership Skills:
- Inspirational Role Model - Understands themselves and seeks opportunities to learn. Shows composure, responding consistently, openly, and courageously in all situations.
- Authentic Leadership - Demonstrates humility in the way they lead others. Takes a stand for what is right and admits their mistakes.
- Leadership Presence - Inspires trust in the broader organization. Acts on a sense of what the organization most needs to elevate its impact and move forward through complexity.
- Relationship Builder - Listens and empathizes, engages a wide range of people. Embraces peoples’ differences and helps every individual feel special and valued.
- People Grower - Encourages leadership in others and takes risks to help others grow. Champions collaboration across the organization
- Culture Champion - Consciously evolves the culture to help secure the future of the business. Recognizes where behaviors need to change and how to change them.
- Results Oriented - A desire to make things happen, sets stretch goals and motivates others to achieve them. Always looking to create a better result for customers.
- Future Catalyst - Communicates a vision of the future that compels others and helps them see around corners. Embraces change, takes risks, and seeks diverse perspectives.
- Breakthrough Strategist - Sees connections others don’t see. Translates this new insight into break-through strategies that open up new directions. Enrolls others in the new.
Ball has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing compensation ranges to ensure we remain competitive and inclusive.
Compensation & Benefits:
For all applicants, the appropriate local market competitive Salary ranges will be applied based on your experience and local market position.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., the anticipated salary range for this position is: $98,500 - $150,500. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
This role may be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan appropriate to the country of hire.
Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, specific to each country of Hire.
For applicants that will be hired in the U.S., please go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more about our U.S. Benefits. In all other markets, more information will be provided during the application process.
This role can be Fully Remote. Ball is a global company that seeks the most talented candidates, no matter their location. We currently operate in over 40 countries around the world and are willing to consider qualified candidates that have work authorization in any of our locations.
Applicants seeking a position in a country that is different than their residence may be required to provide personal information based on local regulatory requirements. For example, if an applicant lives outside the United States, but is applying to a U.S.-based position, applicants will be required to provide data that is required under U.S. law during the application.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans