Coordinator, Production Graphics at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provides support for the quality assurance graphics function as directed.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Implements the administrative duties as related to the graphics department including pilot production, plate making and proofing for all plants.
- Proofreads negatives and plates for accuracy.
- Produces printing plates for product labels according to the release report.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies and materials for assigned area.
- Conducts inspection of materials and finished product.
- Maintains filing system for negatives and plates.
- Maintains obsolete negative listing and purges all files and computer information as directed by the graphics department.
- Coordinates the pilot production schedule.
- Assists with the qualification of artwork.
- Coordinates ink activity for pilot labels.
- Proofreads all artwork, negatives and plates for accuracy.
- Produces printing plates for labels according to the pilot production schedule. Maintains and reworks old printing plates and plate negatives for the pilot.
- Assists in making major adjustments or mechanical repairs to the pilot production equipment.
- Conducts inspection of in-process or finished product.
- Responsible for replenishing supplies required for assigned area.
- Performs troubleshooting on pilot production equipment as required.
- Performs preventative maintenance on pilot production equipment as required.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through high school level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 1 year minimum
- Ability to work well with others.
- Ability to effectively create and maintain a teamwork environment.
- Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations.
- Ability to meet deadlines, concentrate, and pay attention to detail.
- Must be able to recognize and define problems using investigative process to analyze
and evaluate complex information from a number of sources to arrive at conclusions. Mustbe able to use intuition, logical reasoning, and innovation to solve problems.
- Ability to analyze and interpret statistical data in order to make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of graphic principles, practices, nomenclature, and procedures
Demonstrate Ball Leadership Behaviors:
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Uses a combination of feedback and self-reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses
- Instils Trust: Gains the confidence and trust of others through honesty, integrity and authenticity
- Interpersonal Intelligence: Relates openly and comfortably with diverse groups of people
- Demonstrated Results: Consistently achieves results even under tough circumstances
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ xxx,xxx- xxx,xxx (Salary to be determined by the applicant's education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in "@ball.com." Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans