Coordinator, Environmental Health & Safety at Ball Aerospace
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
Provides system and other technical support for the environmental and health & safety function as directed/required.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- Supports all matters of environmental, health and safety (EHS) compliance as required. Specific duties include; completing/participating in EHS assessments, creating and implementing EHS training tools, as needed, and assisting plants with regulatory/compliance issues.
- Maintains EHS information management systems including maintenance and resolution of system issues. Systems include; Material Safety Data Sheets/Safety Data sheets and tools used to generate safety reports, air reports and compliance tasks.
- Gathers data from various sources and maintains EHS budget by using systems.
- Manages miscellaneous projects, e.g. creates surveys to support continuous improvement efforts in the department, as necessary.
- Maintains content on EHS portal site.
- Supports/facilitates the establishment of EHS contracts including writing purchase orders, writing scopes of work and soliciting bids as required.
- Prepares presentations, department newsletters and other publications as required.
- Develops and implements plans for the bi-annual EHS conference, meetings and Awareness campaigns, including National Safety Month and Earth Day.
- Represents EHS with sustainability initiatives.
- Serves as main point of contact for multiple EHS related systems and issues.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college degree level education or work-related experience.
- Job related experience for 2 year(s) minimum.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate to advanced Excel.
- Microsoft suite including Microsoft Publisher
Compensation & Benefits
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 50,000 - 72,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 7
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans