Construction Manager - Operations
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 814 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Construction Manager - Operations
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
This role is critical to ensuring our properties are ready for move in as soon as possible. If you enjoy coordinating all activities related to getting a property customer-ready, then this is the role for you as you’ll be responsible for identifying, coordinating and managing our tenant and capital improvement projects. As the Construction Manager – Operations, you’ll be an integral part of the Customer Experience Team (CET) working with our leasing manager, customer account manager, property administrator, maintenance technicians to ensure our buildings remain best in class and to provide world class customer service . It also means having great relationship building skills to build trusted partnerships with vendors, public agencies, customers and internal team members to ensure timely and coordinated delivery of our spaces. This role is perfectly positioned to optimize our real estate portfolio by having a deep understanding of the features and functions within our properties that drive rental behavior. You will be perfectly positioned to understand our customers business and pain points to help introduce solutions and products to solve their problems through our Prologis Essentials program. This position reports to Regional Construction Team with supplemental reporting to the local Market Officer.
What’s needed in order to do that:
Plan internal and external resources as required to coordinate and monitor the construction process including:
- Hire and manage design professionals, consultants, contractors, and vendors
- Develop schedules and provide conceptual and pre-construction estimates
- Obtain competitive bids and conduct bid analysis on Make Ready, Tenant and Capital Improvement projects
- Work closely with construction procurement to leverage pricing support
- Manage the procurement of permits and all necessary governmental approvals
- Promote a culture of safety and ensure customer satisfaction on every project
- Provide detailed project cost tracking for both hard and soft costs
- Manage execution of Prologis Essentials projects
- Identify opportunities to upgrade and maximize the value of existing real estate portfolio via building enhancements such as façade renovations, building function, parking improvements etc.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Customer centricity focusing on solving customer pain points by providing products and services that meet the customers need.
- Innovative mindset - open to Lean construction techniques and continuous improvement
- Prior experience working in the Construction Management field
- Project management experience with a commercial general contractor, real estate owner, and/or owner’s representative preferred.
- Aptitude for construction management, tenant improvement implementation or related educational background suitable for learning the trade.
- Experience or aptitude in Property Improvements, Roofing, Construction, Tenant Improvements and Renovations
- Proficient with or ability to quickly learn new technologies (i.e. Excel, MS Project, Google Earth, ACAD viewer, Bluebeam and Smartsheet)
- Ability to travel up to 20% of the time.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.