Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Engineering Strategic Support Unit comprises the organizational talent and technical leadership that enables the successful delivery of high-impact discriminating technologies for our customers’ missions. Our collaborative, cross-functional teams are committed to innovation, integrity, continual learning and strong execution.
Configuration Management Specialist III
What You’ll Do:
- Provide configuration and data management (C&DM) support for multiple programs.
- Develop plans to implement C&DM requirements on programs.
- Arrange configuration control board meetings, coordinate engineering drawing review and sign-off.
- Establish and maintain required configuration records.
- Utilize and maintain engineering and configuration and data management procedures.
- Operate, input and manage configuration and documentation status using electronic systems.
- Prepare and ship data items in accordance with contract requirements.
- Prepare letters of transmittal.
- Gather and provide necessary data and engineering items to support technical meetings.
- Support Systems Engineering with management of requirements and critical program data.
- Support program management and engineering staff in utilization of database tools and processes.
- Evaluate and contribute to new business and program proposals assuring engineering configuration and engineering data management requirements are properly scoped and risks mitigated.
- Represent C&DM discipline to business units as first point of contact for process implementation and staffing.
- Provide direction to subordinates/peers as well as cross-functional teams.
- Propose, coordinate and instantiate updates to enterprise processes and tools regarding C&DM criteria as compliance requirements evolve while assuring tool and multi-discipline platform constraints are mitigated and opportunities maximized.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 6 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e. Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Effective communication, facilitation and teamwork skills.
- Strong organizational skills.
- Ability to review and assess data integrity against standards, and train others to understand and adhere to those standards.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products, and comfortable learning new databases.
- Experience utilizing databases to manage technical and engineering data.
- Requirements management experience desired.
- Desire to participate in CDM Certification Program.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $87,000 - $117,500 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.