Compliance & Non-Discrimination Testing (Client Retirement Plans Analyst Senior) at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
- Performs nondiscrimination testing by understanding the plan(s), knowing current laws, importing plan information into the compliance testing system, and analyzing the results. When there is inaccurate data, incumbent reconciles and discusses legal implications of test results as well as possible remedies for a failed test with client contacts and internal parties.
- Researches and resolves testing and audit issues pertaining to assigned and unassigned plans, arising from both client questions and from internal activities, using available resources. Takes a proactive and customer-focused approach to communicate findings to client, internal parties, and possibly client's attorneys and discusses implications and reviews alternative courses of action that client may take. May be required to prepare for and participate in client related meetings, both internal and external.
- Directs implementation of new procedures, ensures adherence to the current procedures and controls, and makes recommendations to improve existing procedures and to reduce risk. Consistently documents all procedures and processes.
- Communicates and coaches peer group and the Audit and Nondiscrimination Testing Retirement Plan Specialists on technical knowledge and expertise as well as communication and client service skills. As part of the incumbent's role, they may be asked to complete the second check process for the nondiscrimination testing side of the business.
- Stays well-informed of and understands new and proposed legislation and determines the impacts to our clients' plans and internal testing procedures.
What you bring:
- College degree, or Associate degree and 2 years related work experience, or High school diploma/equivalent and 3 years related work experience
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent organizational skills that include accuracy in report preparation and filing system
- Time management skills and ability to work with several deadlines at once
- Strong verbal and communication skills
- Coaching skills
- Must be able to work independently
- Problem solving and analytical skills
- Technical aptitude for systems/software applications (Access, Excel, etc.)
- Ability to import plan information into the compliance testing system and analyze the results.
- Understanding of the various roles played by internal parties
- ASPPA RPF
What we offer you:
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.