Community and Events Manager at Uplight
Do you dream about creating a more sustainable future? At Uplight, we are motivating energy users and providers to accelerate the clean energy ecosystem. Working with over 80 of the world’s leading electric and gas utilities, Uplight provides an end-to-end customer energy experience. Uplight delivers personalized experiences that customers have now come to expect–improving satisfaction, increasing revenue, reducing the cost to serve, and contributing to carbon reduction goals. We are B Corp certified, enabling us to put our values into action by not only making decisions for the benefit of our shareholders, but also for our customers, environment, employees, and community.
We are seeking a Community and Events Manager to join our team and help us achieve our ambitious goals for our business and the planet.
What you get to do:
Our team is responsible for bringing Uplight’s mission, platform, and solutions to the energy market. We are a team of storytellers, building content and campaigns that bring our solutions to life, and connection builders, bringing clients together to learn from each other through our Uplight community. Collaborating with teams from across the organization, we make sure the market knows about the innovative and important work we’re doing at Uplight.
As Community and Events Manager, you will build and maintain a community strategy that drives awareness, demand, and thought leadership. You’ll plan, promote, and execute community events, including webinars and working groups, and own Uplight’s presence at industry events and within member organizations.
To be successful, you’ll need to have top-notch project management skills and the ability to make progress on both the planning and execution of multiple projects at one time. You’ll also need to be adept at leading cross-functional teams to a shared outcome. We partner with a variety of stakeholders from across the organization, from Sales to Product to Client success, so you will need excellent communication skills and an ability to understand stakeholder needs and develop creative programs to meet them.
What you will contribute:
- Plan, build, and grow an active Customer Community using Uplight owned events, industry events, demand generation campaigns, and social media channels
- Partner with subject matter experts across the organization and at client and partner organizations to develop engaging content that drives event attendance and engagement
- Own the end-to-end execution of Uplight owned events such as webinars and working groups, including internal coordination, content development, demand generation recruitment campaigns, technical event set up, live event management, and follow up communications
- Plan and execute Uplight’s bi-annual Customer Executive Advisory Board and other Uplight user conferences
- Build and manage Uplight’s annual calendar of industry events and manage sponsorship and on-site presence
- Develop and maintain relationships with key regional and national energy industry membership organizations to facilitate speaking and sponsorship opportunities
- Partner with external vendors to execute event logistics such as booth design, build, set up and break down, and branded material design, production, shipping, and storage
- Monitor and maintain annual event and membership budgets
- Negotiate contracts for event space, sponsorship, and other event-related materials
Skills and experience are necessary, but we hire on value alignment first, so if you feel you would be a good fit with us, still consider applying.
What you bring to Uplight:
- At least 3 years of events-related experience in a Marketing or Communications role.
- Strong content development skills with a passion for creative storytelling and a strong ability to communicate complex ideas simply.
- Experience designing and implementing successful multi-channel marketing campaigns to drive event attendance and engagement
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Experience influencing, leveraging, and leading cross-functional teams to successful outcomes
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to track detail while providing roll-up reporting to senior management and executive leadership
- Experience managing relationships with external vendors and/or membership organizations
- Previous experience managing trade show sponsorships and on-site presence
- Previous experience managing a budget and delivering program events to meet that budget
- Previous experience with Salesforce and marketing automation system(s)
- Previous experience with B2B company, preferably SaaS
- Energy industry experience
What makes working at Uplight amazing:
In addition to all the standard medical and dental benefits, that kick in Day 1, we:
- Are proud to be over 300+ rebels with an important cause by helping to create a more sustainable planet.
- Are committed to the environment, our employees, and our communities.
- Are focused on career growth by following defined career ladders
- Take our work and mission seriously and….we love to laugh!
- Provide a 401k Match
- Have an innovative flexible time-off policy
- Keep you energized with plenty of food and drink
Uplight provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.