Commodity Specialist III - Subcontracts at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Commodity Specialist III
The Commodity Specialist III - Subcontracts position represents an exciting opportunity that will help enable Ball Aerospace to GO BEYOND by developing technology to help you see farther, stay safer, and preserve our planet and meet some of the nation’s most critical missions, at home and on the outskirts of our solar system. This person will be responsible for the management and oversight of category specific minor, technically complex subcontracts and related activities in support of Ball Aerospace customer programs. This role will participate in both subcontract management and commodity specific category supplier management. Additionally, this role will entail program supplier sourcing, leading RFP and proposal evaluations, negotiations and management of the supplier throughout the subcontract life cycle, with responsibility for the supplier relationship and contractual performance. This position reports directly to the Ball Aerospace Category Manager.
What You’ll Do:
- Execute and manage category specific minor, technically complex subcontracts.
- Responsible for all aspects of category subcontract execution from proposal through product delivery. Ball authorized signature authority for subcontract and contractual point of contact with category suppliers.
- Responsible for assigned category supplier tactical and strategic relationships, may participate on a Category Management team in the development of category supplier strategies, risk assessments, performance tracking.
- Responsible for supplier sourcing, solicit and lead supplier proposal evaluations; employ value analysis techniques to analyze price, technical capability and financial viability, investigate supplier’s ability to perform within the proposed cost, technical, and schedule parameters.
- Identify strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency and manage supplier risk through strategic and targeted negotiations; contribute to program risk and opportunity management.
- Owns the management of supplier contractual performance throughout the subcontracting lifecycle; resolve supplier performance issues and any internal Ball issues that affect supplier performance.
- Responsible for generation of the subcontract award, ensuring ensure all subcontract management actions are performed within Ball Aerospace procedures and compliant to government regulations.
- Represent Supply Chain Management at various levels on cross functional teams to drive business success, cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, customers and internal stakeholders.
- Perform all subcontract administrative and management functions including modifications, manage subcontract funding, track subcontractor spend plan, milestone payment plans, cash flow and monitor variances; evaluate accuracy, and authorize payment of invoices; solicit Engineering Change Proposals, review Prime Contract modifications to include relevant changes in subcontract modifications; administer fee plan and lead fee determination board, manage Subcontractor Data Requirement List (SDRL) communications and deliverables, including participation in program Change Control Boards (CCB), as applicable.
- Ensure that all business is conducted using the highest ethical standards and in compliance with all applicable laws, statutes, and regulations as well as company policies and directives.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 4 years or more related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Supply Chain/procurement experience, including execution and oversight of firm fixed price procurements in support of DoD and/or NASA customers.
- Ability to effectively relate with others and cooperate as a team member.
- Ability to build effective relationships at all levels of the organization.
- Basic FAR/DFAR knowledge.
- Strong interpersonal and organization skills.
- Strong communication skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to Travel 10-25%.
- Some demonstrated success driving win-win supplier negotiations preferred.
- Prior experience as a procurement and/or subcontracts management professional at a 1st or 2nd tier Aerospace & Defense contractor preferred.
- Technical aptitude and/or technical degree preferred.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.