Commodity Specialist III - Printed Wiring Assemblies at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Commodity Specialist III – Printed Wiring Assemblies
Our dynamic Supply Chain Management organization is seeking a highly organized, hardworking and self-motivated Commodity Specialist III to support a thriving and growing procurement organization. The ideal candidate will have extensive procurement experience in the Aerospace & Defense (A&D) industry in a manufacturing or Research & Development (R&D) environment. The candidate will have extensive working knowledge of supplier management, FAR / DFAR or NASA procurement regulations, price analysis and target pricing techniques as well as prior experience procuring Printed Wiring Assemblies & Printed Wiring Boards.
What You’ll Do:
- Responsible for managing all activities of supply chain including procurement of moderate to highly complex material orders to support the company plan at optimum cost, quality and delivery.
- Responsible to issue POs to suppliers for commodities with and without contract pricing.
- May be required to support PCARD procurements.
- Responsible for examining purchase requirements and shortages, obtaining quotations, examining bids to negotiate best prices.
- Responsible for multi-sourcing to reduce cost and supply risk for critical commodities with a single source.
- Responsible for providing purchasing and expediting support to the company for critical material shortages.
- Responsible for managing expedites across commodities and suppliers.
- Responsible for review of open orders for critical parts on a regular basis to avoid last minute expedite.
- Responsible for coordinating supplier representation forms with the external supply base.
- Responsible for managing purchase order commitment reconciliation within the required purchase order systems.
- Will maintain accurate lead times for assigned commodities and report purchase order supplier commitment due dates and due date changes to the company.
- Will lead and attend program and supplier meetings as required.
- Complies with Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR/DFAR), ensures adherence to requirements and advises management and compliance organization on needed actions.
- Complies with department Work Instructions, Processes and Policies.
- Responsible for creating and verifying Non-Disclosure Agreements with suppliers as required.
- Responsible for managing incoming insurance certifications from suppliers.
- Responsible for processing electronic shippers to support the shipment of hardware to suppliers as required.
- Responsible for managing invoice issues and discrepancies to support company EVA goals.
- Responsible for managing RMA and Return to Vendor requirements.
- Responsible for working with engineers and suppliers for Part Change Notification and End of Life purchases.
- Responsible for working with internal and external customers to obtain data needed for analysis and validate data for accuracy.
- Responsible for working with key manufacturers/distributors to support stocking programs for critical commodities.
- Responsible for working with engineers and suppliers for alternative manufacturing sources and cost reductions when applicable.
- Responsible for participation with supplier scorecard data collection and supplier presentations.
- Will manage supplier alliances for commodities including supplier evaluation, contract negotiation and on-going supplier performance and relationship management.
- Responsible for creating and issuance of supplier scorecards.
- Shares specialized knowledge with others.
- Will mentor new employees and co-workers as required.
- Contributes to team efforts by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Work assignments for cross-functional or project team responsibilities.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 4 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of all contract types (Cost, Fixed Price, Incentive) in a government, regulated environment.
- Working knowledge of strategic sourcing techniques.
- Experience in supplier relationship management.
- Demonstrated win-win negotiation skills.
- Highly developed project and relationship management.
- Excellent scheduling and time management skills.
- Willingness to learn various computer systems to support all levels of buying duties required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Highly developed leadership skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and team building skills.
- Exhibits a high level to attention to detail.
- Highly developed negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Skilled in coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Highly developed communication and writing skills.
- Ability to function in a very fast paced environment and can adapt to changes.
- Ability to obtain DoD clearance.
- Prior experience in the same or similar role at an A&S Prime Contractor (i.e. Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Raytheon, etc.).
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
A current DoD clearance and/or SCI access with Polygraph is not required to be eligible for this position, however applicant must be willing and eligible for submission within 60-90 days after an offer is accepted and must be able to maintain the applicable clearance/access. By applying to this position, you are agreeing to complete a National Security Clearance Pre-Screen Questionnaire to evaluate your general ability to obtain the required security clearance or government customer access associated with this position.
Relocation for this position is available.
Compensation & Benefits
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $71,500 - $97,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. Click here to learn more.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.