Commodity Manager at AMP Robotics
AMP Robotics is a pioneer and industry leader in artificial intelligence (AI), robotics, and infrastructure for the waste and recycling industry. We’re working to reimagine and actively modernize recycling by applying AI and automation to increase recycling rates and economically recover recyclables reclaimed as raw materials for the global supply chain. We build and deploy cutting-edge technology solutions that solve many of the central challenges of recycling to make it more efficient, cost-effective, scalable, and sustainable.
Headquartered in Louisville, Colorado, the Denver Post named AMP one of the 2021 Top Workplaces in Colorado. We’re fostering an environment where talented, driven individuals can grow and create impact. We seek unconventional thinkers to join our mission to enable a world without waste; at AMP, your contributions have meaning and can spur change. With backing from top-tier investors and national recognition including Fortune’s Impact 20, Fast Company’s Most Innovative Companies, and Forbes’ most promising AI companies, we’re always seeking ways to better our operations, raising the bar on innovation, and looking to collaborate and improve each day in what we do. Learn more at AMPRobotics.com.
AMP Robotics is hiring a Commodity Manager reporting to Director, Supply Chain to focus on leading, developing and maintaining a strategic supply base that provides a competitive advantage in Quality, Cost, Delivery, Responsiveness, Service and Technology. Key focus will be the selection and development of the supply base across a variety of commodities to support AMP Robotics current and future growth plans including expansion to global key markets.
As our Commodity Manager, you will work to:
- Create and develop global sourcing strategies to support NPI, continuous production, service and support in a high-growth, high-mix/low volume capital equipment manufacturing environment based on supply base/market knowledge, global awareness, internal alignment and critical business needs now and in the future.
- Initiate and drive cross-functional communication and collaboration creating and executing project plans to ensure effective delivery of savings and other deliverables against the sourcing/procurement strategy.
- Lead sourcing initiatives and supplier selection process including eSourcing, bid evaluations, supplier evaluations, negotiation strategy, supplier selection and contracting.
- Develop, deploy and improve processes and tools to manage company spend and supply base activity for given commodities measuring a variety of KPIs including safety performance, quality performance and adherence to specifications, delivery performance, total landed cost, flexibility, technical capability, overall business and financial health, and scalability.
- Develop, negotiate, execute and manage favorable supply agreements across the entire supply base to include MRO, Hardware, Electronics, Capital Equipment, Corporate Services, Metal Commodities, Motors, Robots, etc. Ability to develop non-standard agreements with support and oversight.
- Lead periodic performance reviews with key and strategic suppliers and internal stakeholders to evaluate supplier performance and make recommendations to address issues and exploit opportunities. Assure material flow of assigned categories into respective AMP sites. Responsible for supplier performance, capacity, and developing poor performing suppliers.
- When a supplier is unable to deliver on time or delivers poor quality, lead a corrective action team to identify root cause and ensure short term mitigation and long-term corrective actions are implemented.
- Build stakeholder alignment to gain proper support and buy-in for various sourcing-lead initiatives.
- Actively participate in NPI programs providing critical sourceability, cost projections and procurement roadmaps. Partner with Engineering Program Managers, Design Engineers, Technology Leads, Production, Manufacturing Engineering and Product Management to engage the supply base early in the design process to leverage industry expertise in reducing quality risks and cost drivers to ensure program targets are met at product launch.
- Lead colleagues with less experience by coaching and mentoring; proactively partner with resources throughout the company to determine best outcome for AMP by building consensus amongst teams.
- Solves complex problems; takes a new perspective on existing solutions; exercises judgment based on the analysis of multiple sources of information
- Impacts a range of customer, operational, project or service activities within own team and other related teams; works within broad guidelines and policies
- None currently
The successful candidate will be:
- Must be self-directed, have excellent team building skills, and have good contract development and negotiation skills
- Expert in influencing across functional and regional boundaries
- Excellent knowledge of purchasing principles and practices
- Effectively communicate, lead meetings, make presentations, and always use tact and professionalism.
- Excellent verbal and written communication across regions, functions, and levels; fluent in English
- Collaboration and influence management skills; works effectively in a matrixed organization
- Exceptional time management skills and ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in a start-up/scale-up environment a significant plus
The successful candidate will have the following:
- 8-10 years of progressive procurement and sourcing experience with demonstrated knowledge of sourcing process, strategy and market drivers (International sourcing experience with Europe and Asia purchasing a plus)
- Experience with MRO, Hardware, Services and Capital Equipment Sourcing and Procurement
- Experience in both a manufacturing setting and working with outsource partners
- APICS or ISM Certifications a plus
- Demonstrated experience creating, developing and improving sourcing and procurement processes
- Demonstrated understanding of Lean/6-sigma continuous improvement methodologies
- Bachelor’s Degree in Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Logistics or Technical Degree (Master’s degree is a plus)
Working Conditions/Physical Demands:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands and fingers to handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hands and arms. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision. Prolonged periods of sitting at desk and working on a computer.
- This role will be based in our Broomfield, Co office but has the flexibility of a remote work component working on a hybrid schedule. This means WFH 2-3 days per week and in the office 2-3 days per week. Our teams work together to ensure our chosen work schedules and days on-site enable our creativity and productivity as we serve the needs of our customers
- This position will have some travel up to 20-30% including some international travel.
Affirmative Action/EEO Statement:
AMP provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
We recognize that there is more to work than the day-to-day responsibilities. In addition to a collaborative, high-performing team environment, we’re pleased to offer competitive base salaries; medical, dental and vision insurance; a 401(k) plan; paid time off and sick time; flexible work hours; and the opportunity to quickly accelerate your learning and growth.
Salary & Compensation information: $100,000-$130,000
- Medical - The company covers up 85% to 100% of the premium for Cigna healthcare plans depending on the selection. Employees pay the difference in premium if they select a more expensive plan. Up to 75% for dependents.
- Dental, Vision, Short- and Long-Term Disability.
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching).
- 14 days PTO and 6 paid sick days.
- Nine (9) paid holidays – 7 company designated and 2 floating holidays. (Salaried employees only).