Commercial Trainer at CircleCI
CircleCI is looking for a Commercial Trainer to support end-to-end sales training, go-to-market readiness, and one-on-one coaching in support of our growing Revenue organization. As a Commercial Trainer, you will expand the development and implementation of commercial training programs for pre- and post-sales groups across North America, EMEA, and APAC.
We are looking for someone to help develop industry-leading commercial teams through their drive, customer-facing experience, and deep understanding of training sales and customer success professionals. You will play a key role in accelerating ramp and production of our Revenue organization as we expand the commercial training program at CircleCI.
The ideal candidate will bring a combination of strong commercial and training skills, with a clear understanding of how to challenge the status quo. You are driven by increasing efficiency across the team and are a master at building predictability in seller performance. You have a desire to be a hands-on coach, but have a knack for data-driven program design. You have experience selling and training in a SaaS/B2B environment, and are comfortable facilitating training both in-person and in virtual environments. You are excited by the challenge of training a rapidly growing team, with both tenured sellers and recent graduates.
This role reports into the Senior Enablement Manager, and will work closely with our other Commercial Trainer and Revenue Leadership. This role will also compliment and partner closely with our Internal Technical Trainer to build holistic programs and training opportunities. This role is vital to CircleCI’s significant growth plans in 2021, and we are looking for someone who is excited to be part of a growing organization, and loves technology and teaching.About Enablement at CircleCI
Enablement supports the day-to-day workflows of our Sales Development, Account Executive, and Customer Success teams across the world. Through commercial and technical training, content development, and operational improvement, we ensure that our teams have the tools and information necessary to be a best-in-class commercial organization. Enablement sits within the Revenue department and regularly partners cross-functionally with Marketing, Product, and Customer Engineering.What you'll do:
- Execute commercial onboarding for all Revenue roles (Sales Development Representatives, Account Executives, Customer Success Associates, Customer Success Managers)
- Approach all of your coaching and programs with a data-driven goal in mind (ex. Reducing ramptime, growing average deal size, reducing time-to-close)
- Scale the existing 30/60/90 milestones as part of onboarding to decrease ramp time and increase productivity across teams (ex. pitch certifications)
- Ensure delivery and adoption of the company’s qualification framework (MEDDPICC) and commercial methodology (Challenger Sale)
- Expand our coaching framework and relevant materials for managers to support deal review and performance evaluations; compliment front-line managers by providing additional one-on-one coaching to individual team members
- Partner closely with Internal Technical Trainer and Product Marketing on go-to-market launches, including but not limited to training around messaging and value propositions
- Conduct needs analysis to identify sales training/collateral opportunities for ongoing employee enablement
- Evaluate, measure, and track training effectiveness and performance metrics for purposes of continuous improvement to curriculum; produce executive-level reports in order to accelerate the success of the revenue organization
- Stay connected with up-to-date training methodologies to ensure CircleCI is a leader in its field for internal training
- Relatable, humble, and open to rapid iteration
- Proven ability to drive results amongst low-mid performing groups
- Excel in both small- and large-group training environments (groups of 5-50+)
- Can work autonomously and collaboratively within a distributed team
- Know how to capture lightbulb moments
- Passionate about coaching, but also love to learn
- Creative and motivated by impact-driven storytelling
- Strong educational instincts and ability to adapt to different types of personalities
- 3+ years in a customer-facing, quota carrying role
- 2+ years experience in training commercial teams
- Proven experience over-achieving targets and improving performance
- Keen understanding of the different needs of pre- and post-sales teams
- Familiarity with Challenger Sales Methodology, either as a seller or trainer
- Proven experience with improving operational effectiveness in a sales environment
- Excellent communication and presentation skills in one-on-one and group settings
- Experience selling SaaS in SMB and Enterprise markets
- (Nice to have) Experience selling to Developers/Engineering profiles
- (Nice to have) Knowledge of AWS, GitHub, Docker, Jenkins CI/CD, and the DevOps toolchain
- Preferably located in US-East, but will consider remote candidates
- Comfortable with approximately 20-40% domestic and international travel annually in a post-COVID world
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in downtown San Francisco with a global, remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by IVP, Sapphire Ventures, Owl Rock, NextEquity Partners, Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures, Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital Partners, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, and Harrison Metal Capital. Learn more at https://circleci.com.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.