Commercial Customer Success Manager
We are looking for an exceptional Customer Success Manager to join the Customer Success Team where you will be responsible for the success and long-term growth of our most valued customers across the SMB and Commercial channels. In this role, you will be the key point of contact for our customers, helping to maximize the value they receive from our solutions and cultivating a successful long-term partnership.
The Customer Success Manager role is a perfect role for someone who has some technical expertise, loves talking to customers, has a solid commercial foundation with a talent for developing and executing strategic plans to drive adoption, retention, and growth through scalable efforts. This role will manage a diverse book of customers ranging in industries and deployment types with strategic, focused efforts on developing a deep understanding of your customers’ unique business challenges and ensuring their investment in our products are providing a real, meaningful business impact for them.
The Customer Success Team at CircleCI plays a pivotal role with our customers. The team is responsible for ensuring customers are getting value from our platform, and helping to identify ways we can help a customer solve business problems. You’ll cultivate and grow a portfolio of existing clients and act as a trusted advisor and ambassador for CircleCI.
In terms of growth, we strongly believe in the continued development of each new hire. In joining the Customer Success Team, you’ll join a community that believes in development and promotion from within and as a rapidly expanding business, there are a lot of opportunities for progression.What you'll do:
- Own the gross and net retention of your assigned book of business, by driving the annual renewals and ensuring your month-to-month customers continue to appreciate the value we deliver
- Drive the adoption and growth of CircleCI with an assigned customer base in your territory, with a focus on providing insights and information that will aid the customer in their experience with CircleCI
- Understand the technical and business challenges of our customers and advise them on how to best use the CircleCI solution. Customer activities will include establishing and maintaining broad customer relationships, monitoring product usage and adoption, reviewing and taking proactive measures to maintain customer health
- Connect with customers via weekly/monthly meetings and regular business reviews, both in-person and via video conference to continue to better understand your customers and partner with them to solve problems, develop goals, and identify trends
- Be the voice of the customer as you partner with engineering, marketing, product, and sales to deliver best-in-class customer experience
- Identify growth opportunities and work with the Sales teams to engage accounts and ultimately enter into a greater evaluation of the CircleCI solution
- Partner with internal teams to manage new users, ensure onboarding and technical success alongside our engagement managers and success engineers
- Monitor usage to identify and manage renewals, risks and downgrades. Grow customer accounts over time and work to ensure customer renewals at scale
- Identify at-risk customers and help them get on track
- 3-5 years B2B SaaS customer success, or account management experience in a customer facing role
- Track record of achieving and exceeding renewal, retention, and growth targets
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and “own” your book of business
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong time management with the ability to balance multiple deliverables while working in a high volume environment
- Technical mindset and passion to learn about software development, cloud environments, and interacting with developers
- Growth mindset, intellectually curious and ambitious with innovative ideas to inspire customer loyalty and adoption
- Experience with tools such as Salesforce, Gainsight, Outreach, and Zendesk. Savvy with navigating multiple systems and data analysis.
- Ability to manage and maintain a high volume of customers
- Startup SaaS experience a must
- Has ability to manage customer expectations knowing that their customers are developers, relationship manager (customer: happiness/satisfaction, engaged)
- Proactive mindset, drive the conversations and relationships forward
- Act as a strategic consultant with a Challenger mentality
- Point of communication to drive the customer issues
- Want /acumen to learn our product
- Explicitly not required to have tech background
If you’re interested in joining the team at CircleCI, please send a resumé and cover letter describing what inspires you and why you think you are a good fit for the team. If you contribute to an open-source project, write a blog, or have a presence on the web (Twitter, Quora, Linkedin, etc.) we would love to hear about it.
We know there’s no such thing as a “perfect" candidate - we’re all a work in progress and are growing new skills and capabilities all the time. CircleCI welcomes those who are enthusiastic about learning and evolving, so however you identify and whatever your background, if this looks like a role where you could do work that excites you, we hope you’ll apply.About CircleCI
CircleCI is the world’s largest shared continuous integration and continuous delivery (CI/CD) platform, and the central hub where code moves from idea to delivery. As one of the most-used DevOps tools that processes more than 1 million builds a day, CircleCI has unique access to data on how engineering teams work, and how their code runs. Companies like Spotify, Coinbase, Stitch Fix, and BuzzFeed use us to improve engineering team productivity, release better products, and get to market faster.
Founded in 2011 and headquartered in San Francisco with a global remote workforce, CircleCI is venture-backed by Scale Venture Partners, Threshold Ventures (formerly DFJ), Baseline Ventures, Top Tier Capital, Industry Ventures, Heavybit, Harrison Metal Capital, Owl Rock Capital Partners, and NextEquity Partners.
CircleCI is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, transgender status, sexual stereotypes, age, status as a protected veteran, status as an individual with a disability, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants with criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state and local law.