Responsibilities for this role include
- Provide first tier admin support for Pax8 products
- Strict adherence to the use of the ticketing system for ALL incidents, changes and problems.
- Monitor and Manage ticket work queues
- Investigate and resolve service issues
- User account management
- Perform basic troubleshooting.
- Must be able to communicate technical issue in terms that any audience can understand
- Must provide updates to clients on technical outages
- May be asked to provide shift coverage.
Skills and Experience
- Experience diagnosing problems with software and cloud products. Specific experience with Symantec cloud security, Microsoft Office 365, Azure, cloud backup systems, or similar technologies is highly preferred.
- Experience with mail flow troubleshooting, DNS configuration, email migrations.
- Demonstrate knowledge of Linux/Windows operating systems (Red Hat, Centos, Ubuntu, Windows 2008, Windows 2012, Windows 2016).
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory both on premise or in Azure AD preferred.
- Must have at least 2 years’ experience working on Windows/Linux server operating systems.
- Excellent analytical skills & problem solving skills, combined with the ability to provide quick resolution to problems.
- Ability to communicate professionally by phone and email.
- Must be customer service oriented and work well in a team oriented collaborative environment.
- Demonstrate a technical awareness of network topology, protocols and server connectivity.
- Experience with KVM hypervisor, Microsoft Hyper-V, VMware or other main-stream virtualization products
- Experience with TCP/IP networking, routing, switching, firewalls
- A Bachelor's Degree in IT, Computer Science, or a similar discipline is preferred.
- Experience level 2 years.
- ITIL certification
- MCSA/MCSE preferred