SonderMind is a VC-backed digital health company redesigning behavioral health through covered and timely access, increased utilization, and data-validated quality outcomes. We are a team of Explorers, Builders, and Change Makers democratizing the complicated world of behavioral healthcare for therapists and clients alike.
How you’ll make an impact
This role will be primarily responsible for supporting our production environment and AWS configuration as well as various monitoring and security tools. You will work closely with the DevOps, Architecture and Development Teams to provide advice & solutions in regards to Platform Operations (PaaS). You will also take an active part in our release management and implementation. This includes some after hours time which is done on a rotational basis. In Addition, the Cloud Ops Admin will work to move our Product forward in a fast paced environment.
Success looks like
- Integrated into the team and begin to familiarize with product hosting and deployments.
- Deep understanding of AWS deployed systems, staging environments and key integration points with others Non-AWS Tools.
- Participate in Release Process and Live Deployments.
- Build & deploy new monitoring configurations, alerts and escalation processes
- Work with Leadership to create a well defined numerous operations policies and procedures
What you’ll bring with you
- Quality of Work: Freedom from errors and mistakes, and the ability to consistently meet objectives.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Team-oriented, seeking to be part of a group whose impact is greater than the sum of its parts.
- Resilience & Adaptability: Ability to navigate a fast-paced, high environment, excelling in the face of ambiguity and frequent change. Effective with limited information or direction
Tech Savy: Anticipates, experiments with, learns and adopts a broad range of new technologies that enhance organizational outcomes and drive the business forward. Rejects low-impact or fad technologies.
- Minimum 3 years working in an AWS Cloud Ops environment
- Systems Administration experience within AWS & AWS VPCs.
- Tuning EC2 instances, S3 Buckets, Elastic Beanstalk and RDS
- Proven experience with high security deployments and compliance based controls.
- Knowledge and experience working in SaaS or PaaS Operations.
- Experience with Linux and Amazon Linux
- HIPAA compliance, or another regulated industry preferred
- Experience with AWS Cloud Infrastructure As Code (IaC) Methodologies.
What we value
- Transparency: We say what we mean and mean what we say
- Bucketworthiness: We can be relied upon to not let our bucket leak
- Ownership: We take initiative to act before being asked
- Courage: We move fast, take calculated risks and (sometimes) fail
- Empathy: We treat others with respect and assume their best intentions
- Passion: We loosely hold strong opinions, debate and then commit forcefully
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Pay Transparency- starting salary range for this position is $85,000-$105,000 depending on experience and skills.
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.