Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Information Technology
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
In this role you are the end-to-end owner of network infrastructure. You design and manage network security frameworks to support all the hosted environments. You own Information security and network reliability and they are at the core of your thought processes.
Design and manage lab network security framework including remote access, local firewalls, Access Control Lists, VLANs, and monitoring and alarming for anomalies.
- Build tooling to audit and monitoring network behavior.
- Design and build network automation and auto remediation.
- Build network governance model including approved use policies and maintain compliance with corporate information standards.
- Partnering with internal teams, gathering requirements, and build solutions to support new environments.
- Work across teams and greater Amazon organizations to deploy and integrate networking infrastructure.
- Monitor and forecast bandwidth usage and escalate against capacity constraints.
- Integrate infrastructure with AWS Direct Connect services.
- Create and maintain documentation, configuration, drawings and standard operating procedures.
- Performs device configurations, internal operating system upgrades and software upgrades and deploys network devices including routers, switches, load balancers and firewalls.
- Follows documented network services processes and procedures – identifies gaps in processes or documentation and suggests improvements.
- Monitors, responds and provides resolution for all network problem and incident tickets.
- Performs customer service duties and responds to customer requests as defined by management.
- Responds to customer requests as defined by management completing assignments in a timely manner with an acceptable level of quality.
- Troubleshoots network problems and recommends corrective procedures; assists with troubleshooting circuit equipment and all other network issues.
- Prepares activity reports as requested by management.
- Identifies opportunities to improve workflow and creates supporting documentation for review by peers and management.
- Maintains network services documentation related to work area.
- Completes network change requests in accordance with service level agreements.
- Maintains network lab and equipment inventory.
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in IP networking and application of IP protocols.
- 5+ years of experience in large internet network traffic engineering.
- Background with high availability, high performance compute, large-scale networks and network design and architecture is highly preferred
- Demonstrated experience automating and managing networks (automated provisioning, remote configuration, traffic control, software defined networks etc.)
- Knowledge of network technologies, i.e., routers, switches, load balancers, firewalls, network and routing protocols, DNS
Added bonus if you have:
- Transit and Peering provider knowledge including certain unique geographical challenges.
- Expertise with major router technologies; specifically, a deep technical understanding of all internal hardware components and experience with router system design.
- Automation skills, Unix/Linux skills and the ability to code in any of Python, Perl, shell
- Experience in statistical analysis and data analytics.
- Azure and AWS networking experience
What we offer you
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.