SonderMind is looking to hire a Cloud (AWS) Operations Manager to support our growing infrastructure. As a Cloud Operations Manager you will be a member of the leadership team and help build an operations team responsible for ensuring our AWS infrastructure is healthy and stable. You will work closely with our architecture and engineering teams.
Our Ideal Candidate
As our ideal candidate, you have significant experience in AWS both as individual contributor and manager. You have hands-on experience managing a hosted SAAS product. You are a go-getter who enjoys being in the weeds and knows how to motivate and lead others. You thrive in a fast-paced environment.
- By end of week one, become familiar with our AWS infrastructure and participate in deployments as an observer
- By the end of week two, participate in hiring engineers to ensure that we have adequate coverage of our dev, test, and production systems.
- By the end of your first month,develop systems and tools to monitor our AWS infrastructure for proactive monitoring and detection of issues.
- By the end of your third month, Regularly report on issues and be involved in long-range planning for the platform. Have defined and rolled out production operations policies and monitor adherence to those.
- 5+ years experience in a Cloud Operations role and at least two years experience as a Cloud Operations Manager.
- 5+ years experience working in AWS.
- Demonstrated leadership skills and ability to build high-performing team(s)
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead high-performing teams
- Proficiency in SQL, Linux, and scripting languages
- Experience in pipeline automation.
- Experience in setting up processes for regular monitoring, reporting, and addressing issues.
- Worked in an Agile environment.
- Strong ability to translate and communicate complexity
- Strong written communication ability.
Nice to Have
- Experience with Jira
- AWS Certified SysOps Administrator and AWS Certified DevOps Engineer
- This role is located in Denver, CO and is a full-time, exempt position
- Starting salary range is $130,000. Actual compensation and title will be commensurate with experience and skills
- This role will be eligible to participate in the following:
- full employee benefits package
- employee stock option purchase plan
- variable performance-based bonus incentives
To apply please submit your resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please explain how this role fits into your career goals and experience.
Commitment to an Inclusive Workplace
Mental wellness impacts people of every community. At SonderMind, building and supporting a diverse workforce is foundational to our goal to redesign behavioral healthcare to be more approachable and accessible. SonderMind is a committed equal opportunity employer and provides a workplace that will not tolerate discrimination or harassment.
Our employees may be exposed to sensitive personal information throughout their regular duties. For this reason, we maintain exceptionally high expectations of ethical conduct and require all incoming employees to pass a background check.
Our Employee Benefits Philosophy
As a leader in redesigning behavioral health we are walking the walk with our employee benefits package. We focus on meeting SonderMinders wherever they are and supporting them in all facets of their life with both mental and physical aspects in mind. Where most companies say "good enough" we ask ourselves "how can we do better." That includes:
- Therapy coverage benefits to enable our employees to get the care they need
- Employer-paid disability & AD&D to cover life's unexpected - not only that, we cover the difference in salary for up to Eight weeks of short-term disability leave
- Eight weeks of paid parental leave (if the parent also qualifies for STD, this benefit is in addition)
- A generous PTO policy and a company mandate of at MINIMUM three-weeks of PTO a year; flexible work-from-home policy
- A commitment to reward our team members for the long-term success and growth of SonderMind with stock option grants and bonus potential
- Competitive market salary, up-to 4% salary company match on 401K, professional development and advancement opportunities as we rapidly scale, and so much more.