Clinical Software Support Specialist (ADX-254-20)
THE COMPANY: ArcherDX, Inc. - www.ArcherDX.com
ArcherDX is advancing molecular diagnostics with a robust technology platform for genetic mutation detection by next-generation sequencing. By combining patented Anchored Multiplex PCR (AMP™) chemistry in an easy-to-use, lyophilized format and powerful bioinformatics software, the Archer® platform enhance genetic mutation identification. ArcherDX provides oncology-focused research products and is pursuing regulatory approval for multiple companion diagnostic assays. ArcherDX is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado. Learn more at www.archerdx.com and follow @ArcherDXInc on Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
The Clinical Software Support Specialist is responsible for the external support of ArcherDX's core software products used in clinical operations and other products and services as required. This individual will conduct Software training for external site operators and provide ongoing technical support to sites in partnership with the Archer Clinical Operations, Software, and Data Management teams throughout the set up and execution of clinical trials. This individual will serve as the technical primary point of contact for software related issues at external sites. The ideal candidate will possess a solid grounding in software infrastructure (e.g. AWS cloud environments, containers, and other environmental details related to enterprise-class software hosting), as well some software background. She/he should be able to read/write basic python, bash, or other scripts. Finally, this position will be customer facing and as such, the candidate should be personable and excited to work with our clients to answer questions and help resolve issues.
As part of the Clinical Operations team and in collaboration with Archer’s Software Department, the Clinical Software Support Specialist will provide technical support and training on ArcherDX products and software to external sites participating in ArcherDX clinical trial activities. They will be responsible for proactive planning software support for clinical sites, risk mitigating and resolving issues through to completion. This potentially could involve creating scripts for various troubleshooting or customer support purposes and ensuring that each customer has a positive experience with Archer's software products.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- External Site Support- technical point of contact for software and bioinformatics-related training, troubleshooting, ongoing support throughout clinical trials
- Internal collaboration and coordination between ArcherDX Clinical Operations, Software, Bioinformatics, Technical Support and external site
- Assisting with software related installation activities at external sites and evaluating systems for successful deployment of any new software versions or configurations
- Triage and answer technical support communications and document the communications
- Resolve site escalations effectively
- Collect feedback and voice of the customer and share with internal teams to improve products
- Identify, characterize and report software bugs to software team
- Track, record and document relevant information in CRM related to all technical inquiries from customers
- Document complaints and work within the organization to record and resolve these issues
- Additional duties as assigned
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology
- Familiar with enterprise-class software infrastructure and configuration
- Some software development experience (school, professional, or self-guided)
- A demonstrated ability to troubleshoot software issues
- Preferred skills include cloud-computing knowledge, software development experience, and a major plus for biology or bioinformatics experience.
- Customer facing experience beneficial
- Understanding of NGS bioinformatics; ability to read/write bash and python a plus
- Strong technical software and trouble shooting skills
- Process oriented with a high attention for detail
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Ability to carefully analyze NGS data in a troubleshooting context would be helpful
- Positive external and internal relationship-management skills
- Demonstrated ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the scientific community
- Demonstrated ability to write reports that conform to prescribed style and format
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance success of project and maintain strong relationships within the company
- Proven Ability to adapt in a change-oriented environment
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction
- Able to organize and prioritize a diverse set of responsibilities to ensure execution of goals is achieved
- Computer Science or Information Technology graduates preferred. A background in biology is also desirable.