Client Retirement Plans Analyst at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
As a Client Retirement Plans Analyst Senior, you will be responsible for providing pre-approved plan document services to new and existing clients. You will review the plan document for prospective and new clients and determine whether the design can be accommodated by the pre-approved plan document and/or if plan design changes may be necessary. You will also review requests for plan design changes to confirm requirements are clearly documented and may consult with clients and/or business partners regarding such changes, including how such changes impact the operation of the plan and related administrative procedures.
- Review plan documents and consult directly with clients, advisors, attorneys, and internal partners regarding preferred practices, protected benefits, and to confirm plan provisions during the conversion process and/or for subsequent plan design changes
- Identify plan provisions that may not be supported by the pre-approved plan document or product offer and consult with clients and related parties to identify alternative solutions
- Enter plan provisions in plan document and/or recordkeeping systems and tools, as applicable, and draft pre-approved plan document and amendment packages per client specifications and in accord with IRS and/or DOL requirements and internal operating procedures
- Ensure IRS submission package, summary plan descriptions, administrative forms, and plan administrator guides, as applicable, accurately reflect the terms of the plan
- Review plan-directed service requests, consult with internal partners and peers as needed to gather and confirm requirements, and accurately draft and deliver amendments and ancillary documents. May perform peer reviews of deliverables prepared by other members of the team
- Regularly and consistently monitor workflow systems for new and existing projects, and update to reflect progress and current status; prioritize tasks appropriately according to due dates, complexity, and status
- Develop or update internal operating procedures as needed
- Troubleshoot technology issues experienced with systems primarily used by the team and escalate as appropriate for technical support
- Other related duties assigned as needed.
What you bring:
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- Demonstrated experience reading and understanding legal plan documents, regulations, and guidance relating to employee benefits plans, and understanding U.S. retirement plan requirements.
- Demonstrated ability to apply knowledge of plan design principles to plan administration and operations
- Demonstrated proficiency with pre-approved plan document systems and ability to quickly learn new technology, including proprietary systems and applications
- Excellent consulting and service skills to build high levels of satisfaction for internal and external clients
- Effective analytical, critical-thinking, and problem-solving skills, and exceptional attention to detail with a demonstrated commitment to quality
- Strong computer skills with working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
Added bonus if you have:
- Preferred - American Society of Pension Professionals & Actuaries (ASPPA) credentials - QKA®, QKC, QPA, and/or CPC
- Typically requires five or more years' experience in a business environment performing similar duties.
What we offer you
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- A broad range of professional education and personal development possibilities - FIS is your final career step!
- A competitive salary and a fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and well-being
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
- Varied and challenging work to help you grow your technical skillset
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$51,170-83,410
Notice to all US applicants: All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.