Client Retirement Plans Analyst Specialist at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
FIS empowers small to large retirement plan providers around the globe with a comprehensive, integrated suite of retirement solutions. Our industry-leading offering includes an extensive selection of technology and services. From record keeping technology and plan administration and compliance solutions, to financial wellness that supports all aspects of retirement services business and positions our clients for future growth. We are looking for a talented resource, who is comfortable working multiple appropriately prioritized issues and/or projects at a time. One who desires to be a part of this global dynamic retirement technology team where they will grow personally, technically and professionally.
What you will be doing
The Client Retirement Analyst Specialist will be responsible for all aspects of establishing plan set up, asset and data transfer as it relates to the primary recordkeeping system and its ancillary systems as well as products and services and payroll interface for the on-boarding of RPS full service defined contribution and non-qualified plans. This leader will coordinate all plan and participant services for new clients as well as existing clients with merger and acquisition needs. Note that this role will handle larger, more complex, key accounts and at-risk plans.
The Client Retirement Supervisor is empowered and expected to make important decisions on their projects and the projects of other Client Retirement Analysts with minimal guidance from manager. Examples include answering associate questions, providing insight to plan level decisions and resolving problems. This role is a go-to resource for all analysts.
- Manages the technical aspects of multiple plans of larger size and higher complexity (including key accounts and at-risk clients) in the set-up of the record keeping system (for both qualified and non-qualified plans) in OMNI.
- Ensures all components of plan set- up align with the plan document, plan specifications, source approval and fund approval forms.
- Manages the technical aspects of multiple plans of larger size and higher complexity in the set-up of ancillary systems; in addition to preparing client documentation for participant transaction and plan services.
- Ensures all components of participant and plan services, and documentation align with the plan specifications.
- Uses high level business, product and system knowledge to ensure that plans are in line with TRP best practices.
- This person is expected to be proficient in all advanced complexity plan features such as Brokerage, Diversified Portfolios, Custom Funds and Company Stock.
- Coordinates and oversight of the data and asset transfer from the prior record keeper/trustee.
- Responsible for determining and executing the investment of plan assets.
- Responsible for resolving out of balance conditions relating to participant records and assets, and that all required participant data is received in order to ensure a seamless transition to OMNI.
- Responsible for reviewing and approving the necessary plan sponsor documentation for the Asset & Loan Conversion Authorization.
- Serves as primary contact for prior record keeper. Will be involved in more complex asset transfers that include brokerage or company stock.
- Coordinate payroll and demographic data: Identifies activities, dependencies, and deliverables in order to manage the requirements for payroll and demographic transmissions including inbound and outbound files.
- Coordinates and leads payroll related interactions with the plan sponsor's payroll provider for the participant data requirements needed to establish the on-going administration of the plan.
- Reviews requirements for multiple projects, ensures that documentation is consistent and falls within the standards of the solution delivery methodology.
- Partners with GBS on the completion, review and approval of business requirements for OMNI.
- Responsible for analyzing the test and live data as well as problem resolution as needed. Serves as primary contact for payroll provider. Will be involved with custom payroll layouts for larger clients as necessary.
- Works closely with the internal partners to understanding the requirement and development phases, problems and opportunities as well as to communicate ideas, strategies and solutions.
- Works with cross functional teams to ensure a seamless transition and high client satisfaction.
- Builds relationships and open communication with business partners to ensure all conversion activities are completed timely and accurately.
- Represents conversions in large scale projects as SME's (e.g., Brokerage platform change, SPOE).
- Continues to educate self on business to continue to create efficiencies and/or mitigate risk via people/process/technology changes for the business.
- Identifies opportunities to improve current processes and act as a champion to change within the conversion group.
- Will provide coaching, mentoring and guidance to peers and less experienced associates within the Group and internal stakeholder team.
- Performs quality review for other associates of high risk transactions such as the investing of assets on wire day and the allocation of assets to participants on posting day.
- The incumbent role would handle key accounts, large plans and at risk clients.
- Bachelor's degree in business administration or equivalent combination of education and related experience.
- 5+ Years of Retirement Plan Recordkeeping experience
- Broad and Deep understanding of the Conversion process and systems
- Proven retirement industry and product/service knowledge
- In depth knowledge of the various retirement products and services, both qualified and non-qualified
- Demonstrated Technical and Functional expertise, high quality, low late tasks, works autonomously
- Critical Thinking, Analytical and Problem Solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Process oriented, logical thinker and shows strong attention to detail
- Demonstrated proficiency in providing positive and constructive feedback to associates
- Time management, prioritization, organization and planning skills
- Omni Experience
- Prior Conversion experience
- Proficient in Excel
- ASPPA or other industry certifications
- A competitive salary and benefits
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$60,390-98,430
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.