Client Relationship Manager I at FIS
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you'll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team
Credit Union Relationship Management services strategic Clients within the Credit Union Division. The team consists of Relationship Managers who work closely with our Credit Union Clients to manage and analyze member interactions and data throughout the member lifecycle. Our mission is to enable our clients to improve business relationships with members, assisting in member retention and driving sales growth. The team works closely with other FIS resources, including Strategic Account Managers, Client Support, Marketing, and Product Management.
What you will be doing
In this role you will be an advocate for Credit Union Clients across the FIS solutions they have implemented. You will collaborate with the FIS Strategic Account Manager for the Credit Union to manage the overall servicing of the relationship with FIS and conduct business reviews with the Client for the breadth of the relationship. You will ensure delivery teams across FIS are executing projects and requests as expected and will deploy surveys to gauge Client satisfaction.
- Strategically focused and responsible for client satisfaction, maintaining client communication and the overall service management of the client relationship
- Works to maintain and grow the client relationship while ensuring ongoing customer service.
- Develops knowledge of applicable products, services and company policies and procedures.
- Supports client loyalty process by informing clients of process, encouraging clients to respond to survey information in a timely manner, participating in follow-up discussions and supporting action plans to address any negative comments.
- Identifies new business opportunities and coordinates with appropriate sales personnel for opportunities of new FIS products or services.
- Bachelor's degree in business, computer science or related discipline
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Ability to analyze and solve problems using learned techniques and tools
- Team skills, including the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships both internally as well as externally
- Organizational and time management skills required
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience
Added bonus if you have:
- Previous experience with a Financial Institution
- Previous experience with a technology company and their service processes.
- Previous experience working with customers to understand their business needs and finding creative solutions.
What we offer you
- A variety of career development tools, resources and opportunities
- Time to support charities and give back in your community
- A fantastic range of benefits designed to help support your lifestyle and wellbeing
- A broad range of professional education and personal development opportunities
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.