Grow your career with a growing organization
Whether they’re helping people reach their long-term financial goals or providing personal wealth management strategies, every associate contributes to changing the lives of those we serve for the better. When it comes to job satisfaction, that’s hard to beat. And from a personal satisfaction perspective, you’ll enjoy the freedom to support causes that matter to you and experience a truly inclusive work environment. Your future starts now.
The Role: This is a rare ground floor opportunity for an investment operations professional to contribute to Personal Capital’s client service and operations department.
The Operations Associate works directly with Personal Capital’s investment clients and Financial Advisors in a progressive thinking, technology-focused environment.
Specific duties include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitation and oversight of the establishment and transfer of new client accounts using cutting-edge proprietary and third-party technology solutions.
- Handling of cash management functions including wire and ACH transfers.
- Work with the Investment Committee and Financial Advisors to ensure client portfolios are appropriately implemented.
- Liaise with our broker-dealer custodian on all client operational matters.
- Liaise with our portfolio management provider on all client operational matters.
- Interact with clients regarding account setup and operational matters through conventional communication methods as well as email, chat, and video conference.
- Assist in the development and documentation of operational processes.
The ideal candidate will execute on standards that redefine the existing industry landscape, pushing the limitations of conventional boundaries through integration of technology and creative thinking. They will embrace the ability to participate in an organization with a reputation for customer-centricity and long-term client relationships. The ideal candidate will be flexible, as their responsibilities could change as the model is further developed and refined
Desired Skills & Experience
- A minimum of 2 years experience in financial services operations preferred.
- Experience with all areas of the client operations aspect of investment advisory. Examples: ACAT, IRA distributions.
- Excellent operational, organizational and follow-up skills with the ability to manage and process complex operational work.
- Current knowledge of investment products and services.
- Compliance: Proven abilities to maintain appropriate policies & procedures for regulatory-driven requirements. Possesses a clean U4 record.
- Remote Delivery: Exposure to web-based investment service delivery. Comfortable executing a remote-delivery service model -- paperless, branchless, cloud-based infrastructure – and delivering a quality client experience that is better than face-to-face.
- Exceptional verbal, written and listening communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills, team-oriented, and collaborative.
- Ability to work at the tactical and strategic level.
- Series 65 or equivalent preferred, but not required.
Please note that this role is being posted by Personal Capital, an Empower company. Personal Capital roles are cross-posted to the Empower web site and are also available at https://www.personalcapital.com/company/jobs. For more information about Personal Capital, please visit www.personalcapital.com
What we offer you
We offer an array of diverse and inclusive benefits regardless of where you are in your career. We believe that providing our employees with the means to lead healthy balanced lives results in the best possible work performance.
- Medical, dental, vision and life insurance
- Retirement savings – 401(k) plan with generous company matching contributions (up to 5%), financial advisory services, potential company discretionary contribution, and a broad investment lineup
- Tuition reimbursement up to $5,250/year
- Business-casual environment that includes the option to wear jeans
- Generous paid time off upon hire – including a paid time off program plus nine paid company holidays and three floating holidays each calendar year
- Paid volunteer time — 16 hours per calendar year
- Leave of absence programs – including paid parental leave, paid short- and long-term disability, and Family and Medical Leave (FMLA)
- Business Resource Groups (BRGs) - internal networks that rally around common interest, experiences and identities such as race, ethnicity, gender, ability, military status and sexual orientation. BRGs play a vital role in educating and engaging our people and advancing our business priorities.
The salary range below describes the minimum to maximum base salary range for this position in the location listed. Non-sales positions have the opportunity to participate in a bonus program. Sales positions are eligible for sales incentives, and in some instances a bonus plan, whereby total compensation may far exceed base salary depending on individual performance. Actual compensation offered may vary from posted hiring range based upon geographic location, work experience, education, licensure requirements and/or skill level and will be finalized at the time of offer.
Base Salary Range$ 46,200.00-74,000.00
We are an equal opportunity employer with a commitment to diversity. All individuals, regardless of personal characteristics, are encouraged to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age (40 and over), race, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, pregnancy, religion, physical or mental disability, military or veteran status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable state or local law.