Claims Department Manager at OrthoFi
Greater Denver Area
!Sorry, this job was removed at 12:08 p.m. (MST) on Wednesday, January 22, 2020
Who We Are:
OrthoFi is a Denver-based startup that is revolutionizing the orthodontic industry with software solutions that give doctors the capability to start more patients and to offload time-consuming front-office processes. Our patent-pending solution puts patients in control of their payment plans and makes costly treatments affordable to almost everyone. Founded by a dynamic combination of medical professionals, Wall Street veterans, and Fortune 500 executives, OrthoFi is revenue positive and poised to experience hyper-growth over the next five years. OrthoFi is on Inc. 5000’s Best Places to Work, ranked in Built in Colorado’s list of Top 100 Digital Companies in Colorado, and is #164 on the Inc. 5000 for 2018.
In the OrthoFi community, members are valued for who they are, supported no matter where they are, and motivated to excel personally and professionally. People who join our community are self-starters and love a challenge! We’re looking for passion-driven, dynamic individuals that are excited about a fast-paced and fun environment. Our team enjoys the opportunity to impact people’s lives and help to create more smiles every day.
OrthoFi is building a world-class team that is committed to wowing customers at every opportunity. We are looking for an Insurance Claims Department Manager that is excited to join a fast-paced startup that is on the verge of realizing hyper-growth. The Insurance Claims Department Manager will report to the Director of Insurance Services and will be responsible for delivering world-class service to our clients by realizing the strategy for how OrthoFi partners with and supports Orthodontic staff, doctors, and patients using OrthoFi’s Insurance services. We are looking for someone who is a passionate leader, someone who inspires others to grow and exceed! This person will be able to establish efficient processes and procedures while connecting team members to OrthoFi’s vision of being the global leader in enabling elective healthcare providers to grow their practices.
What You Will Do:
- Responsible for the successful delivery of OrthoFi’s Insurance Services to meet/exceed our SLA commitments.
- Leverage your revenue cycle management expertise to ensure timely claims processing and payments
- Identify opportunities and realize ongoing improvement in business processes, team performance and quality
- Drive high performance and throughput from our team while ensuring high work quality
- Oversee the electronic claims process with clearinghouse vendors to ensure timely submittal and response of claims to carriers
- Ensure OrthoFi leverages the full capability of clearinghouses with respect to data, integrations and best practices
- Hires, trains, coaches, and evaluates the performance of direct reports
- Create a cohesive team that delivers exceptional customer service based on OrthoFi’s goals and objectives
- Develop a leadership team into effective coaches, capable of teaching both hard and soft skills
- Acts as a project sponsor
- Build a service culture that will have a positive impact on internal and external customer satisfaction metrics such as Net Promoter Score
- Provide escalation support and assist in troubleshooting the root cause for escalated issues
- Partner with the quality assurance team on claims training requirements to reduce time to proficiency within the team and develop improvement strategies within the team
- Maintain in-depth working knowledge of OrthoFi systems and processes
- Participate in the hiring process
- Provide tactical oversight and leadership while also driving the strategy of the overall team
- All other duties as assigned
What You Will Bring:
- Bachelor’s degree or higher
- 5+ years experience in a revenue cycle management environment; dental or ortho experience is a plus
- 2+ years in a leadership role, preferably in Insurance Claims or Revenue Cycle Management.
- Excellent communication skills - written, verbal and active listening
- In-depth knowledge of insurance claims best practices
- Experienced with MS Office and/or Google Docs
- Ability to adapt and change quickly
- Awesome and supportive culture
- Company breakfast once a month
- Monthly team building activities
- Company and team outings
- Meditation sessions and wellness initiatives
- Peer-to-peer recognition program
- Casual dress atmosphere
- Snacks and coffee
Compensation commensurate with experience.
Your Next Move:
Now that you know more about us and are truly excited about working for an amazing company, tell us how you can make an impact at OrthoFi.
Read Full Job Description