Claims Advocate at Pie Insurance
Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 11:14 a.m. (MST) on Friday, August 28, 2020
We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
How You’ll Do It
At Pie, we know that a claim is a “moment of truth”. We are here to support the injured worker getting back to the job as soon as they can. In order to do this, you will be working with our claims partner to ensure the program is meeting our requirements and high expectations in which every customer and injured worker is receiving the highest level of care. As part of this team, you will need to connect and build relationships with all of those involved with the claim. You will be a resource and advocate to connect the dots by providing timely and consistent communication, status updates, claims servicing, and guidance when it is needed most.
This role reports to the Claims TPA Manager. We have offices in Denver, CO and Washington DC.
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a point of contact for all our partner agents and customers to provide claims services to include: claims status, coverage verification, and loss run reports upon their request.
- Participate in interactions with the adjusters and claims partner representatives to drive the best claim outcome. Advocate to ensure that Pie has a leading claims customer experience.
- Support Pie’s efforts to gather data to better inform our decisions, reporting, and overall claims analytics and scorecards. Use this data to analyze, report, and inform on claims program trends, outliers, and performance to goals.
- Work collaboratively with Pie’s teams in Product, Underwriting, Engineering, Compliance, Sales and Customer Success representing the point of view of the claim experience.
- Seeking to continuously improve our claims operations, and looking at opportunities and gaps in claims service.
The Right Stuff
- Have you been in a customer advocacy role before? Or maybe even insurance claims? We want you! The position requires at least 2-3 years of professional work experience; preferably in Customer Service, Workers’ Compensation insurance or other insurance, and/or claims.
- You must be a strong communicator both in verbal and written form and very proficient in the Google Suite, data analytics tools and the like.
- A high level of professionalism and confidentiality is required.
- We are a fast-growing startup that moves and changes quickly, and you must be able to adapt to this kind of work environment without constant guidance and fear.
- You have excellent time management, prioritization, and detailed oriented skills.
- We are growing and expanding quickly at Pie, so if you feed on this kind of growth, and can persevere through uncertainty, you will thrive on our team.
- At Pie, we are looking for people to add to our culture. Living and breathing our core values is imperative and critical to us and our success, and they should be to you too.
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous Vacation
- 7 days of paid sick leave
- Commuter Allowance
- 401k Match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Monthly Happy Hours
- Generous Parental Leave
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding