Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, and dedicated Internet access. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
A successful Churn Manager will be responsible for reactive, proactive pass-through and proactive direct churn mitigation actions. This includes rapid response and save actions for clients with disconnect requests, guiding sales representatives through a renewal or month-to-month at risk customers and ultimately owning direct actions for customer renewals, at risk clients and marketing save campaigns.
Through direct and indirect customer interaction and an understanding of the churn mitigation strategy, the Churn Manager will provide recommendations, track and execute save plays across the business to mitigate churn. The ability to interact with customers directly and across internal teams is vital for success.
Prior experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology, as well as proficiency in Microsoft Suite (or Google Suite) and Salesforce is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM software and manage workload in a dynamic environment is critical.
Responsible for mitigating churn and exceeding churn targets
Identify and prioritize “at risk” customers
Pull out inventory reports for renewal tracking
Codify and maintain save plays library & best practices
Track execution of save tasks
Analyze and report on outcomes/success of save efforts
Execute proactive campaigns for a sub-set of high-risk accounts aligned with Marketing, Inside Sales and Customer Success
Help streamline renewal pricing
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience in the telecommunications industry or equivalent in customer facing roles
- Prior experience with customer communications and negotiating is preferred
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree preferred
- Well-developed contract understanding
- Ability to manage a large workload of customer retention activities
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Proficiency in the MS Office suite with emphasis on Excel, Word and PowerPoint or equivalent Google suite is required. Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform is a plus.
- Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
Base salary range: $70,000-80,000
Sales Incentive Plan - full-time Zayo sales employees are also eligible for discretionary incentive cash compensation through our Sales Incentive Plan
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave