Chief of Staff
The President of Guild, Josh Scott, is hiring a Chief of Staff with whom he will work collaboratively to continuously improve the productivity, effectiveness and cohesion of the Guild team. This is a challenging role, with high expectations, at an exceptionally fast growing and high potential company... in other words, it is not for everyone.
If you are a data-driven strategic thinker, an intentional communicator, and an exceptional project manager, who aspires to found and/or lead high-growth companies, then this might be exactly what you are looking for.
As Chief of Staff, you will:
- Support Josh in collaboratively setting, communicating & refining a clear vision, strategic priorities and OKRs, driven by strong analysis and customer empathy
- Collaborate with Josh to create, implement, and improve processes which maximize the productivity, effectiveness and cohesion of the Guild team as we continue to rapidly scale
- Provide exceptional project management for functional and cross-functional teams to enable achievement of objectives, highly effective meetings, and recruiting of talented team members
- Continuously take the pulse of the team and serve as a connector - filling in gaps in information and getting people the resources they need to achieve their goals
- Lead a portfolio of projects which turbocharge key initiatives and deliver impact for Guild
- Develop further as a leader - Josh wants to help you build your professional toolkit with the learnings and experience to do whatever you want after this role
In addition to partnering with Josh, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Rachel Carlson (CEO), Bijal Shah (Chief Product and Analytics Officer), & Mae Podesta (VP Strategy)
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- 7+ years of experience in a business strategy and/or operational leadership role and a track record of standing out amongst an exceptional peer group
- Proven experience planning and leading cross-functional initiatives
- Track record of drawing insights from and making decisions using data
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with demonstrated ability to build trusting relationships with colleagues, senior-level clients and/or partners
- Desire to learn, grow, and evolve within a fast-paced, dynamic environment
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Salesforce and Workday (among other social impact and VC partners!).