Category Specialist II - CapEx at Ball Aerospace
At Ball Aerospace, we care about the health and safety of our team members, their families and our communities. Ball Aerospace will comply with Executive Order 14042 and all team members will be required to provide proof of completed vaccination status as a condition of employment as stated within the Order, subject to approved medical or religious accommodations.
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter or Instagram.
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution – from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Category Specialist II - CapEx
Ball Aerospace is looking for a new Indirect Strategic Sourcing member that will drive operational efficiencies and cost savings. If you’re looking for a chance to make a huge difference, with leadership that has an open mind, this position is calling your name! We are growing fast and need to catch up our supply chain structure and processes to support this growth and our team has a huge impact on the day-to-day operations of the company. This position will specialize in Capex and Operations spend but will benefit from general strategic sourcing process knowledge so that it can be applied across key areas of spending.
What You’ll Do:
- Research and purchase quality products in a timely manner to support our internal customers, track orders to ensure timely delivery, negotiate with suppliers to ensure best possible terms.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, internal customers, and supplier. Assist Category Area Manager to help operational leaders understand Supply Chain business processes and structure.
- Support and help implement Supply Chain Strategic Sourcing activities. Help execute RFx steps within the Strategic Sourcing process.
- Help develop supplier, category, and contract management.
- Fulfill savings, process improvements and enhanced business terms.
- Communicate across multiple departments to gain consensus for hard and soft cost savings. Will help develop, monitor, and produce savings tracking methods and processes.
- Help develop and implement new operational processes.
- Use quantitative/qualitative skills to analyze and manage large quantities of data to understand trends and opportunities.
- Work directly with suppliers to understand new and better initiatives. Help establish and maintain supplier quality management system.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You’ll Need:
- BS/BA in related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level related degree, i.e., Master’s Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Two years of related experience may be substituted for each year of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Ability to pay critical attention to detail to maintain a high level of accuracy in all activities.
- Excellent customer service skills for working with internal customers.
- Ability to multitask and be open to side projects that may not always be directly related to Sourcing activities.
- Problem solves with little or no direction.
- Excellent time management skills to be self-directing and to accomplish tasks.
- Microsoft Office skills.
- Initiative to work independently with little guidance.
- Ability to learn and work within multiple IT systems.
- 1-2 years of recent Capex or Indirect Strategic Sourcing experience preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.