Category Specialist II - Cable Assembly at Ball Aerospace
Powered by endlessly curious people with an unwavering mission focus, Ball Aerospace pioneers discoveries that enable our customers to perform beyond expectation and protect what matters most.
We create innovative space solutions, enable more accurate weather forecasts, drive insightful observations of our planet, deliver actionable data and intelligence, and ensure those who defend our freedom go forward bravely and return home safely. For more information, visit Ball Aerospace Career Site or connect with us on LinkedIn , Facebook , Twitter or Instagram .
The Operations Strategic Support Unit plays a fundamental role in enabling efficient business and program execution - from technologies and investments to supply chain, manufacturing and test operations, facilities management, and information technology services.
Category Specialist II - Cable Assembly
Our dynamic Integrated Supply Chain (ISC) Management organization is seeking a highly organized, hardworking, and self-motivated Category Specialist II to support a thriving and growing procurement organization. The ideal candidate will have existing procurement experience in the Aerospace & Defense (A&D) industry in a manufacturing or Research & Development (R&D) environment. The candidate will have working knowledge of FAR, DFAR and/or NASA procurement regulations, price analysis and target pricing techniques. We are looking for a candidate with superb time management, multi-tasking abilities and good organizational skills. The candidate will need to demonstrate excellent communication and customer service skills.
What You'll Do:
- Assist in supplier sourcing, supplier proposal evaluations; employ value analysis techniques to analyze price, technical capability and financial viability, help investigate supplier's ability to perform within the proposed cost, technical, and schedule parameters.
- Responsible for assisting with category supplier tactical and strategic relationships and assist with category specific minor procurements.
- Represent ISC at various levels on cross functional teams to drive business success; cultivate and maintain strong working relationships with suppliers, customers, and internal stakeholders.
- Perform all procurement, subcontract or indirect supplier contract contractual administrative and management functions including modifications, manage funding, cash flow and monitor variances; evaluate accuracy, and authorize payment of invoices.
- Responsible for all aspects of category procurement, subcontract, or indirect supplier contract execution from solicitation, proposal through product delivery. Ball authorized signature authority for procurements, subcontracts, or indirect supplier contracts, and contractual point of contact with category suppliers.
- Assist in the identification of strategies and opportunities to reduce cost, improve efficiency; contribute to program risk and opportunity management.
- Responsible for the management of supplier performance throughout the contractual lifecycle; resolve supplier performance issues and any internal issues that affect supplier performance.
- Perform other duties as necessary and agreed to by the Category Area Manager.
- Assist with, and may lead supplier sourcing, investigate supplier's ability to perform within the proposed cost, technical, and schedule parameters.
- Manage supplier risk through strategic and targeted negotiations.
- Responsible for assigned category supplier tactical and strategic relationships.
- Execute and manage category specific minor, technically complex procurements.
- Maintain a regular and predictable work schedule.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships within the department, the Strategic Business Units, Strategic Support Units and the Company. Interact appropriately with others in order to maintain a positive and productive work environment.
- Perform other duties as necessary.
What You'll Need:
- BS/BA in a related field plus 2 or more years related experience.
- Each higher-level degree, i.e., Master's Degree or Ph.D., may substitute for two years of experience. Related technical experience may be considered in lieu of education. Degree must be from a university, college, or school which is accredited by an agency recognized by the US Secretary of Education, US Department of Education.
- Working knowledge of Fixed Price and basic Cost / T&M contract types.
- Excellent scheduling and time management skills.
- Willingness to learn various computer systems to support all levels of buying duties required.
- Excellent analytical, organizational and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A high level to attention to detail.
- Excellent negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Ability to thrive under pressure.
- Skilled in coordinating and prioritizing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Proficiency with all Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent communication, writing skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to function in a very fast paced environment and able to adapt to changes.
- Prior experience in same or similar role in A&D industry is preferred.
- Experience with Printed Circuit Boards, Printed Wiring Assemblies and/or Wire Harness, Cable Assemblies preferred.
- Ball Aerospace is a drug-free workplace, which is imperative to the health and safety of all employees and is required as a condition of receiving contracts from federal agencies. Please remember that regardless of the legalization of marijuana in Colorado and other states, possession and use continues to be illegal under the federal Controlled Substances Act. This includes the use of some CBD products. A post-offer, pre-employment drug test is a condition of employment.
- Work is performed in an office environment, laboratory, cleanroom, or production floor.
- Travel and local commute between Ball campuses and other possible non-Ball locations may be required.
Relocation for this position is not available.
Compensation & Benefits:
- HIRING SALARY RANGE: $60,500 - $82,000 (Salary to be determined by the education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities of the applicant, internal equity, and alignment with market data.)
- This position includes a competitive benefits package. For details, copy and paste https://bit.ly/3pNSnxv into your browser or visit our careers site.
US CITIZENSHIP IS REQUIRED
Ball Aerospace is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.