Care Specialist II Pharmacy Technician at Alto Pharmacy
We’re building a new kind of pharmacy to cure one of our healthcare system’s most startling ills: over 50% of prescriptions are never picked up. Because staying on track with doctor’s orders requires more than just delivering pills, we’re managing everything from insurance logistics to pricing, late-night questions to supply chain, and anything else that could stand in the way of effective treatment. Our more than 400 employees are dedicated to fulfilling medicine’s true purpose: to improve the quality of life for everyone who needs it. We’ve filled over 1 million prescriptions to date. To aid our calling, we’ve raised $354 million in funding, and we’re on track to achieve $1 billion in annual recurring revenue (ARR) by 2021. Join us as we prove just how much a pharmacy can deliver.
Alto is seeking experienced Care Specialist II with a Colorado Pharmacy Technician license to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to manage a variety of pharmacy operations tasks. The ideal candidate is passionate about changing the traditional pharmacy model for the better. You'll work with a group who is excited and dedicated to significantly improve the pharmacy patient experience and will have the opportunity to contribute well beyond the normal duties of a pharmacy technician.
- Prepare and submit third-party insurance claims
- Troubleshoot prescription issues by calling insurance companies, doctors offices, and patients
- Work closely with doctors offices to manage refill requests, prior authorizations, and coverage determinations
- Provide prompt, courteous and knowledgeable customer service
- Troubleshoot complex cases with outpatients
- Respond to patient messages and incoming calls
- Handle escalated patient situations via phone, text, email, or chat
- Manage pharmacy inventory needs and restock orders
- A current pharmacy technician license free of any disciplinary actions
- Have PTCB
- 2+ years experience working in a high volume pharmacy
- Exceptional knowledge of commercial and government insurance and how to troubleshoot claims
- Friendly disposition and outstanding customer service skills
- Ability and eagerness to learn and operate a new pharmacy management system and other relevant equipment
- Ability to interpret, transcribe and troubleshoot prescription information
- Ability to perform common math calculations
- High school diploma / GED
- A License free of any disciplinary actions
- Have experience with specialty claims adjudication
- Have experience submitting and managing Prior Authorizations and TAR's
- Work autonomously and have the capacity to work effectively in a fast paced, high growth environment
- Are comfortable communicating to patients in Spanish
- Are reliable, adaptable and adjust to changes in process quickly
- Stand for long periods of time.
- Lift, push or pull up to 25 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities include working on a computer and seeing objects at close vision and being able to identify and distinguish colors.
- Located and working from an office location.
- Pick and pinch small tablets with fingers, and seize, hold, grasp or turn objects with hands.
- Perceive the size, shape, temperature, or texture of objects by touching with fingertips.
Alto Pharmacy is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.