CAD/PLM Administrator at Boom Supersonic
| Greater Denver Area
Sorry, this job was removed at 6:27 a.m. (MST) on Tuesday, February 23, 2021
About Boom Supersonic
Boom Supersonic is the Denver-based startup bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. As the world’s fastest airliner, Overture is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety and sustainability. Flights twice as fast as today’s commercial airplanes, means we can go twice as far—bringing more people, places, and cultures into our lives.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 140 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the future of transportation? Help us make aviation history.
A member of the Corporate Information Technology Team who is responsible to provide application configuration and support for Boom's CAD and PLM application products, Dassault 3DX platform including Enovia to assist our engineering teams in the design and production of our vehicles.
- Creation of documentation, training guides, and release notes regarding the 3DX tool set
- Configure 3DX software to match engineering goals by mastering data management setup, workflow configuration and interface development and monitoring
- Provide support by trouble shooting support tickets and working with the software vendor to resolve issues
- Perform testing of new releases and schedule implementation of the software release in a predictable and reliable manner to limit down time and change management impact
- Participate in engineering meetings as needed to identify new requirements and foster support for future projects to enhance and/or expand the functionality of the 3DX platform
- Manage the CAD/PLM systems & databases
- Manage licenses for all CAD/PLM software and modules
- Prepare and manage CAD/PLM administration annual budget
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering or related discipline is required OR 5 or more years’ work experience in delivering CAD/PLM and related solutions
- Minimum of 5 years in production software implementation environments and the support processes with Dassault based CAD and PLM software
- Experience in engineering and design information systems
- Google Workspaces, Microsoft Office Suite, Zendesk
Specific Knowledge, Skills, Abilities and Competencies:
- Strong process improvement focusses with proven results in project management
- Excellent communication skills written and verbal
- Results driven
- Quality focused
- Works well under pressure
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong interpersonal relationships by developing constructive and cooperative working relationships with internal and external clients
- Ability to communicate, observe, receive and obtain information from all relevant sources
- Ability to prioritize and organize job duties
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.
Read Full Job Description